“Great place for breakfast”
Review of Le Croissant d'Or

Le Croissant d'Or
Ranked #5 of 25 Bakeries in New Orleans
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Bakery just a few steps from Inn on Ursulines, great place for breakfast. The baked goods are all fresh and appetising, the French decor enjoyable and the staff welcoming. Coffee is good and generous size.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This lovely bakery prepared a huge catered order for me to pick up at 6:30 AM. All was beautifully packed and fresh that morning. The food was very well prepared and impressed even the locals. It's hard to find an authentic "from scratch" bakery, but Croissant d'Or delivers!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is centrally located, but just a little bit away from the big crowds and it was a respite for a nice breakfast. It is a very cute place and we felt comfortable there. My husband loved his almond croissant and although it was early, I was able to order a sandwich. The tuna was great on a baguette, although there was an option to have it on a croissant. Our relatives who live there suggested this place as one of their favorites.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I rented an apartment 2 blocks from here, so I gave it shot. Such a great place! First, I am a coffee snob. The coffee is amazing. And of course the croissants. I wasn't too crazy about the fruit filled ones (amazing taste, just kind of mushy from the fruit) but the plain ones were great. I love places like this; off the beaten path, not mobbed with tourists, great food and service.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We we huh huh. welcome to an awesome french pastry shop. i got the espresso abd almond croissant. it was so soft and buttery. i dont eat bread but i wouldnt mind eating them until i developed diabetes. atmosphere nice and quiet. stay away from tourist traps.