“Feels like you're in Europe”
Review of Le Croissant d'Or

Le Croissant d'Or
Ranked #7 of 27 Bakeries in New Orleans
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I discovered this place near my hotel in the French Quarter, and after eating breakfast there once I went back every subsequent day. It reminded me so much of places I've eaten in Portugal and France that I had to continuously remind myself that I was in the United States. Just a lovely, relaxing, sit-and-read-as-long-as-you-like cafe feel.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a wonderful place for breakfast. We have been to New Orleans 7 times and just have to stop at Le Croissant d'Or at least once per visit. It has great coffee, breakfast and pastry. The service has always been very friendly and they know everything about what they offer. The people that we have talked to while there have mostly been residents of the French Quarter that stop often.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stopped here for a little treat during a hot day. We had a terrible time trying to decide which ones to sample. They all looked so good and the ones we did finally decide upon were even better than we anticipated. We stopped here on our last day. Had we been there more days, we definitely would have been regulars.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed nearby and managed to get here one morning for breakfast.. I honestly wish I had come more than once. Fast, friendly service.. good coffee and a wide selection of pastries and other items. It was quiet and laid back and very New Orleans. An excellent choice if you are in this part of the Quarter.. walk here and sit and enjoy.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Went there three mornings in a row while visiting New Orleans on a babymoon. The chocolate croissant was amazing, and I bought one for the walk back to my hotel and one for breakfast. Wonderful staff too.