“Great food”

Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We took a walk down Decatur St., in search of a good Cajun restaurant. We spotted Coop's and I remembered reading about it. We decided to eat at the bar. I ordered the chicken breast with cream sauce shrimps and Tasso ham. My SO ordered the jambalaya and some stuffed jalapeño peppers. Our dinner came out, but no jalapeño peppers. The bartender forgot to order them, but surprise, if we still wanted them, they were on the house! But of course we did! Turned out to be a great casual meal! Food was great! Will probably go back to try the fried chicken!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

the food at this place is ok, but the staff is the rudest bunch of jackasses on the planet. Not worth the wait, oh yeah and the wait is outside!

1  Thank rbackfan
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had a late dinner at Coops and it was busy!! it was about 8:00pm and there was a line to get in, after 20 min. we got into a very small resturant that was very noisy and dark, the waiter was a little rude but the food was really really good! We had Gator bites and that was really good! My husband had fried chicken and he said it was great and i had shrimp pasta and that was amazing!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The gumbo here is the best I have ever had, and definitely the best in the Quarter. Super friendly service!

There is often a line-up to get in so leave yourself lots of time!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Thanks to a bellman at our hotel we found this gem. The overall appearance would not entice me to dine here. The food was our favorite in The Big Easy. That's saying a mouthful because we at at several renowned fine restaurants which were excellent as well. Great Cajun and Creole. I never knew Shrimp Creole could be this delicious. The sampler platter was a fine choice.I shall return ASAP.