“Famous Beignets”

Ranked #2 of 88 Coffee & Tea in New Orleans
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This mall location lacks the character of the French Market location but the beignets were great and we didn't have to fight the crowd of tourists. We ate them on a bench overlooking the river, just outside the mall.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed November 21, 2012

No trip to NOLA is complete without a visit to Cafe Du Monde. There is table service, so just come in, have a seat, and you will eventually be waited on (and I saw eventually because our server was extremely slow this time).

The Beignets were hot and fresh and absolutely delicious. My co worker tried the Cafe Au Lait and he said it was good. It is right across from Jacksonville Square, so it is a great place to people watch.

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

It was our first time visiting NOLA for a friend wedding. We of course had to drop by and try out the coffee and beignets. The coffee was refreshing and the beignets were delicious. I preferred the black coffee over the others and they do go extreme on the powder sugar on the beignets.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Dough.. a crap load of sugar....and terrible coffee.. Tourist trap. BUT if you must, you must. I think I am gonna look for a Krispy Kreme atleast I can get glazed!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

When I think of New Orleans Cafe DuMonde is THE first thing that comes to my mind. The menu is the same it's been for many decades. Basically it's bignets and coffee au lait (half coffee, half milk) There is milk or juice for kids. Those hot dough pillows drenched in powdered sugar just can't be beat. No one does them better.