“Amazing food. I really love this place.”
Review of La Petite Grocery

La Petite Grocery
Reserve with OpenTable
La Petite Grocery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,976 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Garden District
Cross street: General Pershing
Transit: The St. Charles Ave. Streetcar is a short walk to the restaurant. There are also Magazine Street bus stops located one block away.
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I go here often every time it's always an amazing experience. Try every thing on the menu it's all great. Sometimes I feel judged by certain servers by the way I dress or how young I am or for whatever reason, as a server you should NEVER prejudge a table. Overall I love this place....

There are newer reviews for La Petite Grocery

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I livd in NOLA for a decade and have been back several times since our move.
This is the first time that I left hungry from a high end supposed quality restaurant. The portion sizes were not commensurate with the quality or price.
Two of our party of six at brunch had the special of the day-two poached eggs over pastrami on rye toast. Each egg sat on a thin layer of pastrami on silver
dollar size toasted rye. A slight poorly prepared arugula salad was on the plate. While tasty this brunch dish did not warrant the $19 price tag. I felt the need to get the rest of my meal elsewhere, which I did. The only
dish ordered that almost warranted the price was the waffle served with a fruit compote.
The service was competent by not much above average for this price.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We picked La Petite Grocery based on the location and tripadvisor recommendations. The Magazine Street location is great and the restaurant's decor is warm and pretty. The menu, which is fairly small, set the expectation that the food would be excellent - fewer choices generally meaning better execution.

My wife ordered a tomato and burata appetizer - the tomatoes were wonderful, ripe and fresh, but the burata was way oversmoked - I tried it and still had that slightly bitter smoke taste in my mouth on the way home.

I had a brisket and biscuit appetizer, which was great - barbecue-ish brisket on a biscuit with a creamy bleu cheese sauce.

My wife ordered a blue crab fettuccine. The crab was very nice, but the dish overall was so-so. My wife was convinced the menu-described homemade pasta wasn't.

I had a triple tail special. The fish was nicely prepared and had a nice saffron-like creamy sauce. The sides, though, kind of disappeared, flavor-wise - fingerling potatoes sliced crosswise and kale.

The desserts were very good - my wife had plum ice cream puffs and I had butterscotch pudding.

The meal overall was good - maybe our expectations were too high.

Our tab, with two glasses of wine, was $126 before tip.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great decor and great service, added to wonderful food, made for a perfect last meal in NOLA. I started the meal with a Bee's Knees, excellent. I seldom order a burger in a fine restaurant but their burger was well worth it. With arugula and an egg on top, it was delicious, great flavor. My husband loved the pastrami sandwich, perfect bread for it, perfect sauce, perfect meat. Great way to finish our favorite stay in NOLA. If we hadn't been headed to the airport, Magazine St. is a wonderful place to walk off your meal.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

What a wonderful meal! The food was amazing (blue crab beignets - wow) and Nikki, our server, could not have been more helpful and kind. She was truly happy to give us recommendations and they were all perfection. Everything we had, including cocktails and wine, were her suggestions and she was spot on. The atmosphere was charming. We went on a Monday so we could relax and have a leisurely meal, without feeling like we were monopolizing a table. This was a meal I won't forget!