Review Highlights
Amazing Hospitality

I had the pleasure to speak with Judy about touring with her recently and she went above and beyond... read more

Reviewed March 11, 2020
S8058VPkens
Personal visit

I had met Ms.Judy in an environment outside of her tours, and I can say from the short time I had... read more

Reviewed February 17, 2020
900majedd

Recommended experiences in and around New Orleans
from $25.00
from $20.00
from $26.67
from $25.36
More Info
All reviews history teacher cemetery tour louis cemetery no in depth knowledge personal connection great tour burial practices private tour city's history the real deal garden district small group ferguson information plessy stories nola
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2015

As a local, I rarely take advantage of the guided tours available in the city. However, I am so glad that I had the opportunity to take Judy's ghost tour with my friends, including one visiting from away. I appreciated how much history she weaved into the tour as well as information about past and current paranoramal activity in the Quarters. She was very patient and answered all the questions I had, even when we were on a water break. She shared a lot "lagniappe" history, which is amazing considering some of the other noisy tour guides and groups she had to contend with that night.

Reviewed March 22, 2015

My daughter found this tour among all the many tours possible in the French Quarter. Judy is a retired teacher from the Archdiocese school system. She knows her history & her ghosts. She knows how to handle interlopers & drunks, and won't put up with rudeness. If you are expecting a Ghost Busters experience---this is not for you. You can't expect to go into privately owned homes & places of business. But Judy tells you the whos, the whys & the wherefores about the ghosts who haunt these places. A fascinating experience.

Reviewed March 11, 2015

Tours by Judy gave us a three hour tour of New Orleans including the French Quarter and adjacent areas of the city. Judy was by far one of the best and most informative tour guides I have ever had the pleasure to tour with. Judy as a native New Orlean knew all about the local history, points of interest, and general information of the city. Judy was humorous, informative, and patient with a large group who asked many questions. She made sure to highlight many of the noteworthy locations around the city including a very informative tour of one the major cemetaries and the unique above ground burial policies of New Orleans. I highly recommend Tours by Judy for the best tour of the city.

1  Thank dakappa
Reviewed February 18, 2015

I have always promised myself that if I ever was able to visit New Orleans (high on my list) the first thing I would do is take a "ghost" tour. I found myself alone for my first visit to this magical city. I found this tour in a pamphlet and made my way through the French Quarter from my hotel. Judy was in the gift shop at Toulouse & Royal waiting for her group to gather. She started a friendly conversation - another fine expression of New Orleans. The tour itself was an interesting history lesson woven with true and personal tales humor and compassion...Judy's passion for the topics, the city and citizens past & present was contaigous. I am so glad I took this tour the first night of my visit - I revisited several of the places in the next few days. It gave another dimension to my visit. I will be back and look for Judy - perhaps this time I will try her Jazz tour!

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed January 23, 2015

Our tour was Informative, entertaining and had local flavor. We had a wonderful time and learned a lot.

Date of experience: January 2015