Review Highlights
Amazing Hospitality

I had the pleasure to speak with Judy about touring with her recently and she went above and beyond... read more

Reviewed March 11, 2020
S8058VPkens
Personal visit

I had met Ms.Judy in an environment outside of her tours, and I can say from the short time I had... read more

Reviewed February 17, 2020
900majedd

Recommended experiences in and around New Orleans
from $25.00
from $20.00
from $26.67
from $25.36
More Info
All reviews history teacher cemetery tour louis cemetery no in depth knowledge personal connection great tour burial practices private tour city's history the real deal garden district small group ferguson information plessy stories nola
Selected filters
Reviewed February 18, 2015

I have always promised myself that if I ever was able to visit New Orleans (high on my list) the first thing I would do is take a "ghost" tour. I found myself alone for my first visit to this magical city. I found this tour in a pamphlet and made my way through the French Quarter from my hotel. Judy was in the gift shop at Toulouse & Royal waiting for her group to gather. She started a friendly conversation - another fine expression of New Orleans. The tour itself was an interesting history lesson woven with true and personal tales humor and compassion...Judy's passion for the topics, the city and citizens past & present was contaigous. I am so glad I took this tour the first night of my visit - I revisited several of the places in the next few days. It gave another dimension to my visit. I will be back and look for Judy - perhaps this time I will try her Jazz tour!

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed January 23, 2015

Our tour was Informative, entertaining and had local flavor. We had a wonderful time and learned a lot.

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed January 21, 2015

Judy gave us a comprehensive tour of the garden district. Her knowledge is deep and so are her connections to the city, being born and bred there. She is a one woman show so you have the piece of mind that your money goes directly to her, to reward her for the miles she walks and talks.

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed January 14, 2015

Judy gave us a wonderful personalized tour of cemetery number one and a night-time ghost tour of the French Quarter. She is extremely knowledgeable about local history and culture. She speaks with passion and energy. She also packed the tours with facts about the strange and odd folklore of the city. We will definitely seek her out on our next visit!

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed January 5, 2015

We were in town for the Sugar Bowl and took three tours--two group and the private one with Judy. She met us promptly at the streetcar stop for our morning tour of the Garden District. Judy answered just about every question we gave her, and she described the historical figures, the architecture, and the culture of the district. Our tour even covered a bit of the Lafayette Cemetery. The nice thing about having this tour is that we could ask whatever we wanted about New Orleans, even if it had nothing to do with the Garden District, and Judy would tell us about that as well.

Judy's tour price is very reasonable, and she is interesting, personable, and knowledgeable. I wish we had taken more tours from her, especially her literature and civil rights tours which sounded interesting, but we did not have enough time. I highly recommend taking a tour with Judy.

Date of experience: December 2014