“Wonderful food and great service”
Review of Tommy's Cuisine

Tommy's Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy's Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #211 of 1,990 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Tommy’s knows how to serve a meal with the quintessential New Orleans reverence for fine ingredients and artful combinations. At Tommy’s Cuisine, Creole Italian comes to life with entrees like roasted Duck Tchoupitoulas and Crabmeat Sardou and appetizers ranging from baked oysters to escargots simmered in vermouth.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

While this is not at the level of Commander's Palace (but then what is), it is a wonderful restaurant. Our server, Michael, was attentive and helpful. The menu was interesting and Michael helped me work around my food allergies, which is not always easy. My husband told him our service was outstanding, a compliment he does not give lightly.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Tommy's started when tommy left irene's and opened his own place ,it was great when it opened but went down hill a couple of years ago,so i stopped going.

I thought I would give it another chance and that was a mistake.

Boring salad that they charged extra for bleu cheese and bacon bits on.
Bland escargot

Had veal sorrentina and veal marsala,both had the same sauce,not good,there was no marsala in

the sauce

Served with ice cold mashed potatoes and green beans that were so al dente they werent edible

Menu has been streamlined to the extreme,no pastas in an Italian restaurant!?

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Tommy's has an old world New Orleans feel to it. Very intimate, a little dark with hundreds of past diners staring at you from the framed photos covering the walls.There were so many great options on menu, but I selected a very good piece of fish that was the daily special. Tommy's was new to me, but not my companions - they selected it & I am so pleased they did. It will now be on my rotation of places to visit when I am in New Orleans.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Tommy's is that comfortable combination of neighborhood joint and special occasion restaurant that always delivers a good meal and attentive service. The menu is heavy on crab and oysters, but the Italian entrees also satisfy. You can easily make a meal with the crabmeat canapé appetizer and a salad or turtle soup. I've always been so full that I've never tried dessert. Call ahead for reservations on the weekend when they're busy.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

we went on a sunday night and it seemed to be a lot of locals who come regularly. the food was excellent. i had a mix of the oyster appetizers and the shrimp remoulade which were both very good. we also had the fish special which was excellent. the service was very attentive. there are no surprises on the menu but it was all well prepared. it is located in the warehouse/arts district and the atmosphere is very nice. we ate in the front room which was very cozy.