“Horrible Service!!!”

Ranked #401 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Estrella Steak and Lobster House is located in the heart of the French Quarter at 237 Decatur Street. Featuring authentic creole dishes, our menu will have you visiting again and again. Formerly Star Steak and Lobster. 237 Decatur Street, NOLA (504) 296-3005
Reviewed June 5, 2014

During my girls weekend in NOLA, we stopped at this restaurant while out walking around. The waiter asked if we were ready to order which we asked for a few more minutes and the waiter rolled his eyes. The waiter came back and with an attitude asked if we were finally ready. It literally took us a few minutes to order so there was no need for that. We placed our food and drink orders with him and 2 minutes later he came back with another attitude letting us know there were no more french fries available, which shocked all of us because it was merely 1pm and french fries ran out!? Fine. Those who ordered fries changed their order to onion rings; no problem. We then received our drinks which were really, really bad. We asked the waiter to take one back and tried explaining what was wrong with it before the waiter gave us the nastiest attitude and snatched the drinks out of our hands, not even letting us finish our sentence. At that point we ended up canceling our food order and leaving. No one bothered to ask what was wrong or if they could do anything to make things better. Such horrific service!!! We will never, ever go back!

2  Thank Indiana C

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We got in late to New Orleans and walked across the street to star steak and lobster house!! To say the crab cakes were good would be an understatement!!! I really don't like crab cakes and when I tried they.... Well the rest was history. They were mouthwatering great!!! I also had the 14 oz New York strip and it too was mouthwatering great!! It cut without a knife and needed no A-1 or Hines 57!!!! The atmosphere was jazz and the music was a great background sound and not over powering. The service was great. They went out of there way to make you feel at home!!!

1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Whenever I in New Orleans I always have dinner at Star. Joey is such a magnificent person and the lobster is the best I have ever had. Let's not forget the entertainment. Great place to have dinner.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Took a chance on this place and was not disappointed, steak was tender and delicious and the desert was AMAZING.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was told the crab cakes were awesome but, since I'm not usually a fan, I had a filet with béarnaise sauce. It was excellent! But, then I tried a piece of my husband's crab cake. Well, I ended up splitting my meal with him. It was the best crab cake I have ever had. For the area, it was very reasonable, my filet was $28 and came with a side dish. My husband's meal was even less. Since the sides were large, we could split and had both potato and a vegetable. We found a coupon on-line so we save twenty dollars. It was a real fine!