“surprise”

Ranked #570 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Estrella Steak and Lobster House is located in the heart of the French Quarter at 237 Decatur Street. Featuring authentic creole dishes, our menu will have you visiting again and again. Formerly Star Steak and Lobster. 237 Decatur Street, NOLA (504) 296-3005
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The waiters were very helpful, pleasant & mannerly. Food very good. No problem w/coupon. We ate there several times, each time was a surprise that the experience was the same, very good.

1  Thank threequartersmom

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were greeted by Mr. Bobby, and he was great and very accommodating. The crabs cakes were the best I have ever had. I did not care for the fried shrimp po-boy or the bread. The service was great and the price was fair. I would definitely return again (and order the crab cakes!)

1  Thank Kiana J
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The wait staff was cranky, the menu was shortened because there was an event and they automatically charge gratuity. We would not have left a 20% tip. The waiter was fair. He never came back to the except to take our order and give us our check. The food was over cooked. They hostess and the waitress were arguing. My gumbo was flavor less and had shells left in it Everything had cayenne on it. The plates where dusted with it and the food was sprinkled with it The entertainer was good. The decor is tacky but I can live with that
The bread was the best part if the meal

2  Thank Nrssmilr7499
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I were recently in New Orleans for our anniversary and chose Star Steak and Lobster for one of our dinners while there. The staff was very friendly and the meal was wonderful! The only reason I didn't give them an "excellent" rating is due to the fact that we wanted to order the whole Maine lobster for two meal, but they only had 1 lobster left (we were there for Memorial Day weekend and they told us that was why they had run low on lobsters). I had the last lobster, which was cooked perfectly and the creamed spinach which was delicious. My husband had the Redfish "Amber" and we thoroughly enjoyed it as well. Our server, Joe, was great! Just the right amount of attentiveness and conversation. We really enjoyed him and I highly suggest you request him when you dine there! We will definitely return :-)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Neat restaurant with good food and fun music. Fast service. I'd go back here when I don't want a super fancy meal, but I still want a nice, tasty dinner.