“Awesome steak!”

Ranked #660 of 2,009 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Estrella Steak and Lobster House is located in the heart of the French Quarter at 237 Decatur Street. Featuring authentic creole dishes, our menu will have you visiting again and again. Formerly Star Steak and Lobster. 237 Decatur Street, NOLA (504) 296-3005
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended by our hotel concierge to go here. Great place! Small, intimate, and delicious. The door guy was generous enough to pay for our appetizer! I think he could tell we weren't absolutely convinced on eating there. Glad we did though. My only complaint was that all the appetizers were seafood except a salad. I don't eat seafood so I didn't get to have an app. But my husband and mother said the stuffed mushrooms were delicious. I had the steak with the wine and mushroom sauce and it was just what I needed. Perfect.

2  Thank Dana G

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was a great little place to have dinner. It's a bit smaller and quaint. It was very relaxing--just what we were looking for. We thoroughly enjoyed the food here. There was an excellent musician here playing all kinds of blues/jazz plus some cover tunes. He was a one man band who played keyboards, flute, and saxophone! He was extremely talented- We gave him a $20 tip on our way out--we really enjoyed his music in addition to our dinners.

2  Thank TravelerChick
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went in one day for lunch and were the only ones in there. Our waitress was outstanding, very friendly. My burger came undercooked, but a simple return trip to the kitchen was all it took. We enjoyed this place more than several of the other restaurants we ate at. We wanted to come back and get the lobster deal for two for $50 but never had a chance to make it back. If we ever come again we'll be there though!

1  Thank Minxy S
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I walked by Star and a really nice gentleman asked us to stop in for breakfast so we did...great decision! The service was great the food was excellent! Perfect portions. It was my husband's 50th birthday but we didn't make a big deal about it because it was also Easter Sunday and if you've been to New O on Easter you know it's a really major event!! We ordered mimosas and were pleasantly surprised when the check came and the drinks were comped with a nice Happy Birthday wish from our waiter, Jaime. He was perfect! We will definately be back!!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husbands dinner was terrible! He ordered the filet medium and it came raw and cold!!! Smothered in some nasty tasting broth that contained 3 different colors and running on the plate! We sent it back and I do believe it was microwaved and smothered with more nasty sauce. It was about 5 or 6 and there were no baked potatoes available? What? This is prime dinner time people!!! So he ordered the whipped potatoes and they were obviously old! The lobster was cold! This was a fifty dollar plate! I would have paid no more than 20 at best for this meal.
Seriously there are so many other restaurants available! Don't let groupon sway you with the deal! Not worth it! The ambiance was absolutely horrible and dirty!!!! I used better silver wear at Coney Island. Will never go there again ever!

5  Thank Mari124