“Below Average”

St. Charles Tavern
Ranked #417 of 1,932 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Virginia
“Below Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Open 24 hours and pretty typical interior. Waitstaff friendly enough but food mediocre. Visited twice and had a so-so cobb salad and a huge but bland burger

Visited April 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana
“I eat here every time I am in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

This place is always great and always open. It is a locals spot frequented by police officers, EMT, and Firefighters at all hours of the day and conversation is always interesting. I cannot help but get a Muffuletta and an Abita Amber every single time. This place is great for a drunken late night bite to eat.

• Visited March 2013
Ohio
“Great good! Great service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

One of our favorite places to eat in NOLA. It was convenient to our hotel and had great reviews. We sat down and got served right away. The waitress cracked me up. High Pitched voice reminded me of the one chick from Will And Grace. She talked a lot and fast... I liked that! She recommended the jambalaya so, that's what I had. It was delicious and had heat to go with! Hubby had cheeseburger thinking he was safe from the heat. He was wrong. Even the burger has heat! Lol! We had a pitcher of Bud Light and after drinking the Abita Amber, it was like water. Only complaint was the beer! The old tavern feel and old worn wood tables are the things atmosphere is made of. Will definitely return on a trip to NOLA!!

2 Thank christy8_77
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Classic New Orleans Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stopped in here to get a quick bite to eat. Had always been curious because I passed by it many times. It feels like a comfy living room inside, I drank a couple beers and ended up chatting with the server for about history and all sorts of interesting things. The food was good and the atmosphere and service were top notch. I would recommend this place if you need to grab a quick casual bite to eat.

• Visited March 2013
San Tan Valley, Arizona
“The atmosphere is tavern and the food is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We were going to go to the irish house but they were closed. We ate here and had the best breakfast ever. Had crab cake benedict and the crab cake and eggs were perfect. The hollandaise sauce was the best. Would go out of my way to eat breakfast here again. The service was supurb as well.