“Better coffee than their Metairie Rd location. Great courtyard.”
Review of Royal Blend Coffee & Tea House - CLOSED

Royal Blend Coffee & Tea House
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Austin, Texas
“Better coffee than their Metairie Rd location. Great courtyard.”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Had never been to the FQ location before. Only knew about the one on Metairie Rd. Got an iced mocha and it was pretty darn good. Definitely a cool location with a hidden FQ courtyard and inside seating as well. There were bunch of cats around and interesting local looking characters enjoying the nice day. I would definitely come back the next time I'm in the Quarter.

• Visited November 2013

Kent
“Hidden away gem.”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Tucked away down a passageway in Royal Street is a proper coffee shop with very well made coffee and a wonderful selection of teas.
Staff is very friendly. There is a nice patio but unfortunately the weather was foul during our visit. Worth seeking out if one is willing to venture beyond Starbucks.

Visited November 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Off the beaten path”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I quite literally stumbled into this courtyard of Royal Street. The cool breezeway from the busy street back into the quiet tropical courtyard was a breath of fresh air. My feet were tired, I was parched and in need of a beverage and my husband needed a Wi-Fi connection – Score! The banana bread was outstanding and the water, ice cold. Royal Blend was just what we needed to be refreshed and rejuvenated after a day of sensory overload.
I had the added bonus of kitty therapy. Avery came over and graced my lap with his presence for about 45 minutes, then he was done with me. In true cat fashion he had nothing to do with me on either of our next 2 visits.
If you need a break that refreshes, stop on in and feel welcome and at peace.

• Visited November 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“A funky coffee shop in the Quarter. In a good way.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I am in and out of here all of the time. Great coffee and ambiance. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and they are as much of the atmosphere as the secluded courtyard. You don't like cats? Shoo them away. I do and they always find someone more appreciative of their company. That this place has such a large number of regulars is a testament to its quality.

• Visited September 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Sandwiches & Ambience”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our first stop after arriving was here, as we desperately needed food. We ordered a BLT that was huge- easily split between us two. It was divine. Good bacon, roasted turkey, very fresh veggies. We ate our lunch in their stone courtyard, which was very intimate, shady, and quiet. This is a great place to get a light lunch and relax.

Visited August 2013