“Great Lunch”
Review of Red Fish Grill

Red Fish Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Fish Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Iberville Street
Transit: Canal and St. Charles streetcars one block from the restaurant.
Description: Ralph Brennan's award winning casual New Orleans seafood restaurant and oyster bar on Bourbon Street. (Voted seafood restaurant 4 years, best oyster po-boy 2010 & 2011). Don't miss Red Fish Grill restaurant's heavenly BBQ Oysters, signature Alligator Sausage & Seafood Gumbo, Grilled Redfish and Double Chocolate Bread Pudding. Casual and fun (a sea of metal fish in neon swim overhead bright, hand painted tables). Open for lunch and dinner 7 days with a lively cocktail and oyster bar going from 11 AM - 11 PM, the perfect place to ease into New Orleans' laid back French Quarter lifestyle or tell it goodbye until next time.
Dallas TX
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We went here on the 4th of July and it was very busy, in spite of the late afternoon time. The gumbo was exceptional and I highly recommend.

Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
“Barbecued Oysters are the best!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

It's not the kind of BBQ you do in your backyard! They are breaded, deep fired and tossed in sauce! A little blue cheese crumbled on top! Yum

• Visited October 2013
Madison, Virginia
“Yum! First rate for fresh seafood ”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

After a long day schlepping around sightseeing, I stopped in at Fish Grill for some oysters and beer, and to rest my tired, weary body. I sat at the bar; the bartender was friendly, polite, terrific!

I ordered half a dozen oysters on the half shell, their signature barbecued oysters, and local Abita beer. Service was very prompt, everyone was lovely, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Definitely a "must go eat in for a real meal" the next time I am in NOLA.

Massachusetts
“Loved this place”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

One of the best meals I have ever had. Our waiter was amazing, very responsive to our requests, and offered suggestions that never led us wrong. The Red Fish Grill Seafood Sampler was great - especially the fritters. For an entree, I had the redfish which was grilled wonderfully - flavorful and moist. The vodka lemonade was perfect for a humid summer evening. I dreamt about the pecan pie profiterole - it was that good.

• Visited May 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful birthday celebration”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Excellent entrees: Mississippi Catfish and Shrimp Creole and Wood Grill Redfish. We had a reservation at 5:30 and when we arrived the restaurant was packed. We were seated immediately with no problem. Our waiter, Brian, was PERFECT! He helped me surprise the birthday girl and she did not see it coming. The desserts, Double Chocolate Bread Pudding and Creme Bruelle with Strawberry Shortcake, were the icing on the cake. Definitely a must do in New Orleans.

Visited July 2014