“Interesting decor”
Review of Red Fish Grill

Red Fish Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Fish Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 1,963 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Iberville Street
Transit: Canal and St. Charles streetcars one block from the restaurant.
Description: Ralph Brennan's award winning casual New Orleans seafood restaurant and oyster bar on Bourbon Street. (Voted seafood restaurant 4 years, best oyster po-boy 2010 & 2011). Don't miss Red Fish Grill restaurant's heavenly BBQ Oysters, signature Alligator Sausage & Seafood Gumbo, Grilled Redfish and Double Chocolate Bread Pudding. Casual and fun (a sea of metal fish in neon swim overhead bright, hand painted tables). Open for lunch and dinner 7 days with a lively cocktail and oyster bar going from 11 AM - 11 PM, the perfect place to ease into New Orleans' laid back French Quarter lifestyle or tell it goodbye until next time.
Deming, Washington, United States
“Interesting decor”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Gumbo was good, atmostphere great! Right on Bourbon Street which adds to the whole experience ! Waiter made us feel comfortable and helped us with our lunch selection.

Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Grain Valley, Missouri, United States
“Corporate Dinner in Private Room”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had the pleasure of dining here for our first night in NOLA.
Over 30 of us had a wonderful dinner. We had a choice between 3 entrees. Everyone was pleased with their dinner. I had the Red Fish, due to the great reviews on this site. VERY glad that I did. It was delicious! Service was prompt and helpful.

• Visited February 2014
Kutztown
“Consistently great!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Every time I'm in town this place is on my hit list! I love the bar and the ambiance. Great seafood.

• Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Red Fish Grill -- Really Delicious!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

A friend of a friend, who is a chef in NYC, recommended New Orleans' Red Fish Grill to us. I worried in advance that the prices would be beyond our "senior's budget." However, our experience was excellent in every way -- the food was outstanding, well-worth the price, and didn't cost "an arm and a leg." I loved, loved, loved the "Redfish Court- Bouillon" which was a tomato based fish soup loaded with tasty fish and spiked with some brandy. For my very first oyster experience, I tried their Signature BBQ Oysters and asked for the blue cheese dipping sauce on the side. It was beyond my expectations -- the oysters in their home made "signature" sauce were WONDERFUL and to my surprise, the blue cheese dipping sauce really complimented the oysters. My husband and I both really enjoyed the grilled catfish. The service was excellent and friendly. (The chef came out to speak to my friend who asked to see him.) The waiter surprised my friend with a birthday King's cake -- a colourful coffee cake with Mardi Gras blue /green icing and a plastic baby on it for good luck. I so enjoyed our meal that I wanted to go back the following day -- which is not the norm for me! However, my friends wanted to try a different restaurant because it was our first time in New Orleans. To my mind, none of the other restaurants were able to surpass the Red Fish Grill -- and if I ever return to NOLA, I will definitely eat both lunch and dinner at the Red Fish Grill! Note: an outstanding bonus -- the Red Fish Grill shares their recipes on line -- so you can go home and try to duplicate their delicacies. If you ever visit New Orleans, this restaurant, on Bourbon street, is a must!

• Visited February 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
“Great Happy hr.”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Go into the bar for happy hr the drinks where great and the happy hr menu is awesome Great food for the money and it was very clean

Visited December 2013