“Very good”
Review of Red Fish Grill

Red Fish Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Fish Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 1,945 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Iberville Street
Transit: Canal and St. Charles streetcars one block from the restaurant.
Description: Ralph Brennan's award winning casual New Orleans seafood restaurant and oyster bar on Bourbon Street. (Voted seafood restaurant 4 years, best oyster po-boy 2010 & 2011). Don't miss Red Fish Grill restaurant's heavenly BBQ Oysters, signature Alligator Sausage & Seafood Gumbo, Grilled Redfish and Double Chocolate Bread Pudding. Casual and fun (a sea of metal fish in neon swim overhead bright, hand painted tables). Open for lunch and dinner 7 days with a lively cocktail and oyster bar going from 11 AM - 11 PM, the perfect place to ease into New Orleans' laid back French Quarter lifestyle or tell it goodbye until next time.
austin
“Very good”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My mother and I ate there on Monday and returned the next night. I am sure the menu fare is good, but I would suggest ordering the entree of the day.

Do NOT leave without having the Bananas Foster ice cream sandwich!!!!!!!!!!

Great service. Reservations are not required, but would be recommended on a busy night.

Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Miami, Fl
“Tiny portions!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I'm not into seafood, so I ordered the chicken but it was tiny and flavorless. I'm very picky but it honestly lacked flavor of any kind. My husband & son liked their gumbo & swordfish. However the swordfish was also tiny. I had ordered a cocktail which my waitress forgot about until half & hour passed and I told her I no longer wanted it. Then she said I had to have it because it was already made & sitting at the bar. Really? I need to take a drink that's probably all melted & hot from having sat at the bar for over 30 min! Would not return!!

“Perfect!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a nice dinner in the French quarter but not have to get dressed up. We found it! The BBQ oyster apps were FANTASTIC! I ordered the red fish topped with lump crab & my husband ordered the pesto shrimp & crawfish fetticcini both were excellent. We will be back!!!

Concord, North Carolina
“Almost as Good as Promised!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Friends had recommended the Red Fish Grill as their favorite restaurant in New Orleans. It was good, but not as outstanding as we had been told, and a lot more expensive! The red fish itself was $33, a bit much we thought, however good it was. My shrimp and grits at $25 had five shrimp. The best deal is the roast chicken, which was, in fact, delicious. I will say that our $24 bottle of wine, the least expensive on the menu, received the same attention by our outstanding and pleasant waitress as the $300 bottles. The chocolate bread pudding is outstanding and worth every penny...... not quite so much the entrees. On a budget? Try Mother's! Better food, more variety, for less.

Crownsville, Maryland
“Always good :)”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We always make the Red Fish a stop when we are in New Orleans, and this time we ate their twice. Once for dinner and once for lunch. Red fish for dinner, wonderful. Back for lunch, husband had to have his shrimp poboy! I had a watermelon, argula, applewood bacon salad -- very good. Service -- as most everwhere in New Orleans -- was very good. The bar at Red Fish is very cool, wonderfully decorated and actually is usually where we chose to eat rather than in the restaurant itself. Good, no great, value for the $$.

Visited June 2013