“Go here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Praline Connection

Praline Connection
Ranked #218 of 1,933 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Atlanta, Georgia
“Go here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great service and food to die for! Kimberly took very good care of us...senior couple. We shared a sampler platter with gumbo, étouffée, fried chicken, ribs, fish, greens, rice and beans, cornbread and excellent warm bread pudding with bourbon sauce. Thanks to previous reviews from others on TripAdvisor for helping us find this jewel. Took streetcar to French Market and walked two blocks to restaurant. GO! You will not be sorry!

• Visited December 2013
Gloria M, Curtis, Owner at Praline Connection, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Happy that you decided to stop in! Thanks for taking a moment to share your great experience with others on TripAdvisor as well. It's always flattered to hear that a guest enjoyed their meal, so I look forward to passing along your compliments to the kitchen—and Kimberly! We hope to welcome you back the next time you're in town, but until then, take care.

Best wishes,

Las Vegas, Nevada
“The airport branch is suffering”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Had the jambalaya today. Dry chicken, hard rice, tasteless sausage. Really, you guys need to crank up the recipes. Had to wait almost 15 minutes for my order to come up. I think Zatarains across from them has taken customers away. If Zatarains wasn't so crowded, I might have tried them as a comparison.

1 Thank Jim O
Gloria M, Curtis, Owner at Praline Connection, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way about our airport location, Jim. We do our best to ensure the dishes at our airport storefront are just as fresh and delicious as the ones at our downtown location, using only the best possible ingredients. Having said that, I'll make a point of sharing your comments with them. I know they'll appreciate it! Thank you and take care.

Best regards,

Houston, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Inattentive Server”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Arrived with a party of seven and were greeted in a complimentary Southern manner. Food service a slow due to food being prepared to order. I informed server, Ahmand, that I was highly allergic to shellfish when I ordered the Gumbo Zaire. He informed that he would make sure that no crabmeat would be added into my order. One would expect that the gumbo appetizer would be received before the main course, but our server just could not get it right, with the appetizer being received at the end. Upon receiving my Gumbo Zaire, I asked if there was any shellfish in it , and the server replied "No". Upon tasting my Gumbo Zaire, I found that crabmeat had been added and it caused an allergic reaction to occur. A manager provided me some Benadryl to counter the allergic reaction and an apology. It proved to be a drugged up night for me because of our server. Excellent food, terrible server.

• Visited December 2013
While I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the food, I'm sorry if the service left you with a negative impression of us. What time did you come in exactly? I will be looking into what happened immediately, especially seeing as you had an allergic reaction. We take our guest's dietary needs and restrictions very seriously, and we are normally very cognizant of this.

If there's any additional information you can provide, please do. I'd like to understand what went wrong, so we can ensure it doesn't happen again. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and please stay in touch!

Best regards,

Florida
“New Orleans soul food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is restaurant is a great place to get an introduction to simple New Orleans soul food.
The fried chicken was exceptional. This coating was thin and not overpowering which makes it non greasy. My only criticism is that the pieces of chicken are not too meaty for $15. However, with the 2 sides and a large piece of cornbread I was quite filled up. The mac and cheese has very noteworthy flavor as well as the collard and cabbage greens. The jambalaya plate is of sufficient size for any appetite. The jambalaya was flavorful and a very healthy alternative. It kinda reminded me of Chinese fried rice. However, it was quite dry. Some restaurants serve it very moist(oily?) and others not. I would like to try it again for form a more informed opinion. All being said we enjoyed the meal so much we came back the following night to repeat the fried chicken meal. We were sufficiently filled up that we were unable to get any dessert. The waiters both nights were attentive and polite. The 1st night was Roland but I don't recall the other. So worth the trip that we traversed the entire length of the French Quarter twice to enjoy a good meal. Great if you are planning a night on Frenchman.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank PeghandleMike
Happy to hear you enjoyed both meals with us. Did you take any pralines for the road? No trip is complete without 'em!

On another note, I'm sorry you didn't think the piece of chicken were all too meaty. This is valuable feedback, so trust that I'll share it with our kitchen. Any other comments or concerns?

Thanks so much for reaching out and please stay in touch! We'd love to welcome you back the next time you're town.

Take care,

Lubbock, Texas
“Best fried chicken in New Orleans!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Be sure to stop in and get an order of fried chicken. It's a generous portion that is reasonably priced. The collard greens are fantastic!!!! The wait staff are fun, super-friiendly, and attentive.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ArnoldTP
Gloria M, Curtis, Owner at Praline Connection, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Flattered you think we have the best fried chicken in town, Arnold! Did you try any of our desserts as well? Thanks so much for the stars and come back again soon.

Take care,