“Just okay”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had stayed on Frenchman street one night during our vacation to listen to music at The Blue Nile. Afterwards, we decided to stop in at Praline Connection instead of walking back into The French Quarter to eat. The food and service were just okay. In a city that has tons of great food choices, just okay isn't good enough. We felt like we could have chosen better.

Gloria M, Curtis, Owner at Praline Connection, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thanks for your review, Betty! I was disappointed to read that you aren't more impressed with our menu options. We take a lot of pride in our cooking, especially as we've been recognized as one of the best spots for food in New Orleans. What did you order exactly, and how do you think it could have been better? I promise to share your feedback with our kitchen.

The next time you're in town, give us another chance. I promise you won't be let down! Thanks again, and take care.

Best regards,

Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,081)

Reviewed January 25, 2013

There was a wait time which after being seated and enjoying the food the wait was worth it. The staff was awesome! Everyone should visit this establishment. The inside is not that big but the food is generous and delicious.

Gloria M, Curtis, Owner at Praline Connection, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thanks for coming in and reviewing us! I'm thrilled that you had a five-star experience, and appreciate you sharing it with others. What menu options did you try? Any favorites? Hopefully you took home some pralines too! We hope to welcome you back the next time you're in town. Until then, take care.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Praline Connection has the best file gumbo in NOLA!! After serching for true file gumbo at several places (and my LA born and bread mother would never consider gumbo without file to be true LA gumbo!!) we were told about this restaurant. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the gumbo was just like mam maw's!!! True gumbo! My wife and I split the Louisiana sampler and had plenty of food. The prices were very good as well. If you want some seriously good authentic LA food and nice service, you need to try Pranline Connection. Plus it is on Frenchman Street so after diner you can take in all the true NOLA jazz that used to be more in the heart of the French Quarters. Well worth the visit - just a great place all round!

Wow, the best gumbo in New Orleans? What a compliment! Thanks, Marshall. I can't wait to share this with our kitchen, as they put a lot of care into each and every dish. Have you had the chance to try any of our desserts? Would love to hear your thoughts! We hope to see you soon, but until then, take care.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stopped before going to hear a jazz group at the Mint. Hubby had the red beans and rice, I had just fries. Service was slow and food was just okay. There are a lot better choices nearby, so I doubt we will go back.

1  Thank muscledfuture

Thanks for your review! I'm sorry to hear that you weren't more impressed with the food or service. We are always looking to improve, and if you have a moment, would you care to explain your comments a touch further? I promise to share your feedback with my team.

I hope you'll give us a second chance the next time you're in town! We pride ourselves upon being one of the best choices in the area, and would love to better represent ourselves. Thanks again, and take care!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very nice spot on Frenchmen Street. Usually locals in this area. Close to the French Quarter. We split the "Taste of Soul Platter". The sausage and chicken gumbo was awesome. Our platter had ribs, a piece of fried chicken, couple of catfish strips, jambalaya and includes the best bread pudding around. We will be back.

Glad that you plan on coming back! Thanks so much for reviewing us the other day. It's always nice to hear that a guest enjoyed their meal, and we appreciate you sharing your terrific experience with others. Until next time, take care!

Best regards,