“Very, very Tasty!!!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Although we had to walk all the way from one side of the French Quarter to the other to get there it was well worth it! After a short 15 minute wait we were shown to our table. The staff are very friendly and happy to provide recommendations. I ordered a cup of Gumbo to start and the stuffed peppers for mains, others in the group went for the Jambalaya. For dessert we tried the bread pudding. All the food was excellent and very tasty! It was also very good value for money, being one of the cheapest meals we ate whilst in New Orleans. Can't recommend highly enough!!!

1  Thank Tr0ut1
Gloria M, Curtis, Owner at Praline Connection, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for the five-star recommendation! Nothing hits the spot like a little soul food, especially after you've made the trek from one part of town to the other.

From the gumbo to the bread pudding, I'm glad that you and your friends enjoyed the different dishes. Did you take some pralines for the road?

Make sure to swing by the next time you're in the Big Easy! We'd love to welcome you back. Thanks again, and take care.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

In the middle of Frenchmens St. Fried okra done to perfection, hog's head cheese - so good we didn't need the bread, jambalaya so much and so yummy, bread pudding you don't want to share!! Excellent meal in a great location!

Gloria M, Curtis, Owner at Praline Connection, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Glad that you enjoyed your food! Did you make sure to pick up some pralines on your way out? We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with others, and hope to welcome you back soon! Thank you, and take care. — Curtis, Owner

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I were on a weekend getaway for our anniversary. Praline Connection was referred to us by our Bed and Breakfast. It was the first place we ate at when we arrived in NOLA and we were not disappointed. I had the Red Beans and Rice, my husband had the Fried Shrimp Plate. His had two choice sides, he got the Red Beans and Rice (because I wasn't sharing :) ) and the Mac-n-Cheese. After tasting his Mac-n-cheese, he was sharing! We went back a second time after trying a couple of other local joints. We couldn't get over the great service and food! Did I mention dessert? We tried the Sweet Potato Pie, Bread Pudding, and of course, the Pralines! My husband I truly appreciate the Southern Hospitality and food. Our waiter was a great sport (Derrick) since we mentioned we're from Kansas City and we just played the Saints. :) Thanks again for a great NOLA experience. I hope if the Praline Connection Family ever comes up to KC, Kansas City will extend the same hospitality.

Gloria M, Curtis, Owner at Praline Connection, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

You're welcome! I'm thrilled to hear that you and your husband enjoyed eating with us on both occasions, and will make a point of sharing your compliments with our team, especially Derrick.

Given our commitment to offering unbeatable service and food, I was truly flattered to read your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with others, and take care. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're visiting from Kansas City!

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was my first meal on my first visit to New Orleans, and I wasn't disappointed! Love the funky, relaxed vibe of the restaurant. The staff was fantastic. So warm and friendly, My waitress was wonderful at making recommendations, as I'd never had some of the food this area is known for. I went with a cup of the gumbo, which was to die for, and had a shrimp po' boy and red beans and rice. The po' boy was HUGE, and I had no hopes of finishing it, but it was so good, as was the rice. And the cornbread...YUM! If you venture through the quarter to Frenchman Street, you will not be disappointed. A much quieter area than the Quarter on a Saturday night. And my meal was so inexpensive compared to the prices I'm used to in the Northeast.

I'm glad that we were your first stop on your first-ever trip to New Orleans, and that we were able to leave such a great impression! We certainly wouldn't have it any other way.

From excellent service, to "to die for" food, I appreciate your kind words and will make sure to pass them along to the rest of the team.

We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in New Orleans! Thanks for the great review, and take care.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

While is located near to the French quarter, the atmosphere is very relaxed. Excellent gumbo, cornbread, fried chicken, catfish, ribs, you name it. Not touristy at all and great service, very polite waiting staff. Make an effort to visit here. Also, you are at the bottom of Frenchmen street, so after dinner you can sample the market/bars of that area, very different from Bourbon street.

Gloria M, Curtis, Owner at Praline Connection, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for rating us! From excellent food to great service, I appreciate you taking the time to sing our praises. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in New Orleans! Until then, take care.