“Good family place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pere Antoine Restaurant

Pere Antoine Restaurant
Ranked #307 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good family place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Went here with three boys 13-10-&7. They had a kids menu but mine ordered breakfast off the adult menu. Two were very happy with omlets both quality and quantity.(breakfast served all day) My blackened catfish was very good. I would recommend this place for a family with kids in the quarter.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Royersford, Pennsylvania
“Good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant for dinner on our way up to Bourbon street. Stopped by and checked out the menu posted. We were looking for a reasonably priced dinner. We decided to give it a try. Husband had the New Orleans sampler. He was pleased with all components of the meal, including the bread pudding which was included with the sampler. I had the Monday special of Red Beans & Rice with Southern Fried chicken. It was a huge piece of boneless, battered fried chicken, very juicy and tender. Service was prompt and server pleasant.

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Amazingly Innovative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Pere Antoine was the first restaurant that I ever visited in New Orleans during my recent stay in the French Quarter. It may have been by both luck or fate, but I fell in love as soon as I walked in. Tucked a little ways away from Bourbon Street, Pere Antoine has a quaint feeling, and beautiful atmosphere.

The first time that I was there, I ordered the "Gumbolaya," which was basically a hybrid of Gumbo and Jambalaya, two dishes that New Orleans is best known for. It was PERFECT! I came into the restaurant sick, but after that dish, felt as though I immediately began to recover. The servers that I had were also quite friendly and chatty, and came to talk to me during my visit. Although my second visit was during a particularly busy evening (it took 20 minutes for me to get my bowl of Gumbolaya), the quality of the food was still great. My third and final visit was amazing as well. Didn't have an issue with the wait then! In conclusion, I feel as though everyone should visit Pere Antoine for the Gumbolaya alone. That is perfection in a dish!

Michigan
“food issues”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

several of us went there for a dinner. The place seems short of staff - even getting seated took a while. The food finally came; several side dishes were nearly forgotten and had to be asked. The food were fine in taste. But in the mid of the night, two of us had severe stomach issues (we had completely different dishes). Something in this place was not right. This is also one of the many places in this town that you can only use a max of two credit cards to pay the entire table.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious, flavorful, and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

We found the restaurant by accident and were were not disappointed. The three of us shared the shrimp salad over a Ceasar salad (lightly blackened... om nom nom) and the Pasta Tchapatolous (I think?) The atmosphere was very authentic, the coffee was strong, and we left happy.