“Loved this place”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went last weekend over Super Bowl weekend to be exact. It was obviously really busy due to the Super bowl crowd. They had a Super Bowl Special that consisted of Jumbalaya, and shrimp cooked two different ways. It was excellent!! Yeah the service was a little slow, but it was SUPER BOWL weekend, to be expected. Well worth the wait. We also had the VooDoo Brew drinks, they were the best drinks I had the whole weekend in New Orleans. We actually went back the next day just to order more drinks. In the course of eating and drinking we met Dale, the owner and one of the most hospitable guys I've ever met. If you get a chance and he's not busy (which he probably is), strike up a conversation with him, he's a great guy. Tell him the guys from San Fran say hello. We'll def. be going back next time in New Orleans.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,237)

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for a couple drinks waiting for our reservation at another restaurant, glad we did. Our bartender was just awesome! His name was Sean and he was full of great info about the city and places to go(as this was our first time) he just was a real pleasant person and we enjoyed ourselves immensely to the point where we almost missed our reservations. Sean makes a great tasting hurricane and voodoo drink although be careful as my wife and I were three sheets to the wind. Management you got yourselve a fantastic bartender in Sean! Thanks Sean!!!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had lunch with my husband at this restaurant last long weekend, and it was not a pleasant experience. First of all, we waited for 20 minutes for our drinks (soda & hot tea), and the tea cup was chipped. Then we waited for another 40 minutes for the food, and the gumbo was barely warm. I asked the waitress to reheat my soup, and waited another 10 minutes for that. Also, the waitresses were kinda careless. Our table was pretty closed to the kitchen. I've seen the waitresses dropped some food multiple times when they walked pass me. To be honest, for a restaurant on Royal street, I expect a much more than this.

1  Thank Venus S
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Went during Super Bowl weekend. Food was terrible eggplant appetizer bland. Gumbo and jambalaya not good at all. Out server forgot our desert and all of our food including appetizer and soup came at same time. Don't go!

1  Thank aleedol17
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant has been a favorite for years. We can always count on an excellent meal and service with the staff willing to share personal opinions about dishes that are very helpful when trying to decide. Excellent, good-natured service for a group of "high maintenance" diners always makes this place stand out above so many great food establishments in the City. We traveled with someone using a scooter for the first time and they went out of their way to accommodate our friend. MUCH APPRECIATED. We always try to sit by the beautiful curves windows/french doors to enjoy the view.