“Gluten Free Menus Available”
Review of Palace Cafe

Palace Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Palace Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 1,963 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Chartres Street
Transit: Easily accessible by the Saint Charles Streetcar & the Canal Street car.
Description: For two decades Palace Cafe has been serving award-winning, contemporary Creole cuisine in the historic Werlein Music building. Located downtown, at the entrance to the French Quarter, this Dickie Brennan restaurant is popular with visitors & locals alike.
Arlington, Virginia
“Gluten Free Menus Available”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was in New Orleans on business, facing the challenge of sticking to a gluten free diet when the local cuisine is based on roux. I stopped here for dinner on a very busy night, and when I asked the waiter whether a particular fish dish was breaded, he brought me a gluten-free menu, which was a lovely surprise. And unlike other gluten free menus I've seen, I had the option of full flavored dishes, not just broiled fish or broiled chicken. The food and service here are both excellent, and it is fairly affordable. It also also right next to two large conference hotels, and the staff seemed well trained to cope with the influx of hungry convention goers without making people feel rushed or ignored.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank debbieanndoyle

• Polish first
Ocala
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is really good but bill messed up”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We ate here on the recommendation of staff at our hotel. The food was excellent, but there was some confusion over the bill. We were with another couple and their bill also included part of ours and then my husband discovered the next day that we were actually billed double for his soup. We should have gone back to complain, but did not.

Visited January 2013
Albany, New York
“Excellent food On Canal”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a group of 10 and they treated us very well, and the food was excellent. Prices were reasonable. This is a very good restaurant so it isn't cheap but not highly expensive either.

Visited January 2013
Macon
“Service alternately intrusive and neglectful”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

After being seated, the waitperson went through a long list of the names of who would be serving us that night. I couldn't understand why it had to be so complicated or why they thought I needed to know the name of every employee working there. He filled our water glasses, along with his trainee. Later the girl who was apparently in charge of the ordering came by to tell us about the specials. I wanted to confer with my husband before ordering, so she left, but then did not return for over 15 minutes. I finally started trying to wave her down and then after one more delay she came to take our order. My husband's soup was cold, and the fried oysters plopped onto the iceberg lettuce of his salad weren't real appetizing either. I did enjoy the only slightly overdone mahi-mahi. This restaurant has a nice decor and convenient location, but we would not go there again.

• Visited January 2013
Metairie
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great opportunity to try the famous Brennan food without busting your budget or making far in advance reservations. Crabmeat cheesecake!