“Catfish”

Neighborhood: Central Business District
Dublin
“Catfish”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great Food Good Prices. I had wonderful catfish here and also their equally good Bread Pudding. Recommended

Visited October 2013

az
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice meal”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Was staying at the Courtyard and wanted to eat close by. The receptionist recommended Mukate's. I got seated right away and ordered the grilled shrimp pasta. It was excellent. This is a casual place not a fine dining venue.

Visited October 2013
Alberta
“Had a blast food amazing Must get bread pudding”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were a party of 6 family we got the huge platter fed all of us full left overs even and the deserts O M G !! amazing place band etc a must go to place. The vanilla rum sauce on bread pudding is to die for.

Visited September 2013
Seattle, WA
“Alright and convenient, but nothing special”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was at a convention, and so this restuarant directly across from the convention center is incredibly convenient and a nice change from the overpriced tasteless food that is on offer in the convention center.

The place was jammed, and we were late, but they found us a table for 4 in about 10-15 minutes. That was very nice. Some of the waitresses were a little brusque and rude, and that always puts me off. We had a reasonable table, but they have crammed in a lot of tables into the available floor space, and one of my companions kept getting bumped by servers. She was fairly annoyed by this by the end of our meal.

I ordered a salad and soup. The soup was a cajun-style gumbo, and it was very tasty. The salad was their variant of the house salad, and also reasonable. Both dishes were fairly priced and the portions were reasonable, not overly small or large. I did not feel ripped off.

Overall, the meal was what i expected. It was not outstanding nor was it below average. The price was average, the place was average, the easting experience was average, and I can barely remember anything about the place it was so average.

So, if you want a good average eating experience for lunch at an incredibly convenient location relative to the convention center, this is the place.

• Visited September 2013
Marquette, Michigan
“Seriously Good Food”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have been a James Lee Burke fan for a long time. One of my favorites memories (food) from one of his stories was a description of fried catfish smothered in crawfish etouffee. I am not sure which novel that was from, or if it was a reference to Mulate's. But I know Mulate's was mentioned also. In any event when I saw the restaurant I was intrigued, but when I looked the posted menu and saw they had the dish, there was no question where we would eat that evening.

Of course I had the catfish with etouffee, which came with a side of jambalaya that was amazingly good! The portions were OMG huge as well. The food was so good we went back 3 nights later and my wife made the mistake of ordering a full order of the jambalaya, she ate about a third, but loved every bite!

Mulate's is not a place you should go if you are looking for a romantic evening. It's a large, open, bright room, complete with zideco music. The service was really good the first night and OK the second (nothing wrong, just not as good). We will definitely go back the next time we are in NOLA.

• Visited September 2013