“Love the Appetizers!”

8:00 PM
OR
Order Online
Ranked #103 of 2,210 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Warehouse/Central Business District
Description: Mr. B's Bistro, (since 1979) owned by Cindy Brennan of the famous Brennan Restaurant Family, is located in the heart of the French Quarter. Signature dishes include Mr. B's famous Barbequed Shrimp, Gumbo Ya Ya, and Bread Pudding with Irish Whiskey Sauce. $1.50 martinis and bloody marys each weekday during lunch.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were recently in New Orleans for the National Championship Football Game but still managed to snare a reservation at the famed Mr. B's Bistro. Classic atmosphere. We had eaten a large late lunch so chose to select from the appetizer menu for our dinner and plan to finish with a dessert. The barbeque shrimp were great, the fried oysters were also good, but the piece de resistance was the enormous crab cake. Each of us had a cocktail and while my martini was so-so, my husband's riff on an Orange Julius was divine. The traditional bread pudding for dessert also did not disappoint and more than met my expectations. We will gladly return!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (5,348)

Reviewed January 15, 2020

The other reviews of Mr. B's are extremely accurate. Here are a few tips I found helpful. Make reservations because this place gets packed. Do not eat the bread, wait for your food to come out. The shrimp and grits were mind-blowing. Seriously brought back the nostalgia of my Grandmother's southern cooking. The service is exceptional. It's a bit pricey for NOLA but worth it. Try to get an early reservation right when they open to allow for your food to digest the rest of the night. Enjoy!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed January 10, 2020

My daughter ordered the filet, which was very good and prepared properly, my husband had the pork chop, which was OK, I just wanted a upscale hamburger, but I didn't get that. I ordered my burger medium rare, when it came out it was well done. I sent it back - I don't mind paying $26.00 for a hamburger but i do expect it to be the way I ordered it. The service was very good, the manager came by and they had a replacement burger in just a few minutes, unfortunately it was also well done. We went ahead and just let them know we no longer wanted it, rather than try again. My bill was still over $200 with the other food and wine. I do think they gave us a free dessert or something. It's not that I wouldn't recommend this place, I just wouldn't order the bistro burger.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Don't let the "Bistro" fool you. This is a full on, wonderful restaurant with great food, atmosphere, and a professional staff. Recommended.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

Rosemary chicken was amazing. $1.50 Bloody Mary during weekday lunch with purchase of entree. James was awesome!