“Blew my mind”
Review of Mr. B's Bistro

Mr. B's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. B's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Mr. B's Bistro, (since 1979) owned by Cindy Brennan of the famous Brennan Restaurant Family, is located in the heart of the French Quarter. Signature dishes include Mr. B's famous Barbequed Shrimp, Gumbo Ya Ya, and Bread Pudding with Irish Whiskey Sauce. $1.50 martinis and bloody marys each weekday during lunch.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Came in town on business and a couple coworkers advised we needed to find this place and have the BBQ shrimp. We had six of us for dinner during mid week and were able to get a table. Pretty fancy place which we felt way underdressed for. Service was fantastic from the start and the table bread was great.

Ordered the BBQ shrimp dish and it absolutely blew my mind and was one of best shrimp dishes I have ever had. It was so good I will be coming back here in the future. We split a couple orders of a lemon dessert which was pretty good as well but the shrimp by far had everyone on our group talking. This would be good for business meals, family, special occasion, or make for a great date night.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,591)

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our small party happened upon Mr. B's Bistro without a reservation, and we were fortunate to be seated on our first evening in the French Quarter. Drinks at the bar set the mood for a delightful evening. My dinner of braised rabbit was delicious. The restaurant was filled to capacity, yet service was flawless. A dinner to remember!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Fabulous service....unbelievable dinner! One of the best meals I have ever had! Can't wait to go again!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We are at three nicer restaurants during our NOLA stay (Commander's Palace, Mr. B's and GW Fins) and this was our least favorite. The duck spring roll appetizer was just okay and the wedge salad was good but very small and ridiculously overpriced for the size! My husband's roast chicken dish was a little dry and he didn't eat most of it. I had the BBQ Shrimp disk (their signature dish) and I will say that this dish was fantastic. That dish would be the only reason I would ever return, even though it was super messy! You definitely need the bib they give you. We had the lemon pie for dessert which was pretty good.
The service was great for a while and then they went AWOL while we were trying to leave for 4th of July fireworks. We waited 20 minutes to have our credit card processed.
Overall, it was an average restaurant experience that was not worth the money we spent...but the BBQ Shrimp dish was pretty darn yummy.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

My Mom and I both ordered the soft shell crab. We are both going on our 12th hour of being sick as dogs.

Friendly staff and pretty restaurant otherwise.