“Lamb chops . . . oh my goodness!”
Review of Mr. B's Bistro

Mr. B's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. B's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Mr. B's Bistro, (since 1979) owned by Cindy Brennan of the famous Brennan Restaurant Family, is located in the heart of the French Quarter. Signature dishes include Mr. B's famous Barbequed Shrimp, Gumbo Ya Ya, and Bread Pudding with Irish Whiskey Sauce. $1.50 martinis and bloody marys each weekday during lunch.
virginia
“Lamb chops . . . oh my goodness!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Awesome service and atmosphere. My husband had the barbecue shrimp and I had the lamb chops. . both were outstanding. We also dined at The Commander's Palace, and although the meal was very good, I enjoyed my experience at Mr. B's Bistro much better.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Mixed bag at B's Bistro”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was here as part of a group dinner during a heavy convention week and in between the Jazz Fest weekends, so busy time. The young lady at reception acted like she was doing us a favor in leading us to the room for our dinner. She clearly should be working out of sight in the back office. The room interestingly involved a walk through part of the kitchen which was fine as it's always nice to get a glimpse. We had the entire space to our group and it was well-managed by courteous and friendly wait-staff. I had the shrimp and grits which was nicely done with the grits TRULY creamy and the shrimp wrapped in bacon and finished with red-eye gravy. Another review of the shrimp and grits mentioned red BBQ sauce and lousy shrimp. That was not the case, but then I wouldn't trust the judgement of someone who confuses red-eye gravy with BBQ sauce. The bread pudding was light and tasty. Drinks were generous and the head waiter had brought out a bottle of Knob Creek which pleased a number of our group. They handled the service well, the food is pricey but in keeping with similar restaurants in Nawlins, Atmosphere was good, dark paneled wood. Overall a good experience for a group dinner with perhaps 35-40 and tarnished only by the troll who was at the front door.

Coral Gables, Florida
“Very good restaurant, close and easy”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I didn't have a reservation and saw Mr. B.s. I had to wait 20 minutes but it was worth the wait. The food was very good. I had a dedge salad and a soft shell crab entree. The food was very good, hot and fresh. I would return. It's not a long walk into the French Quarter.

“Fantastic all round!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We are currently visiting from England and ate here last night. It was fantastic! It is really buzzy in there and has a great atmosphere, we booked a couple weeks in advance and it was worth it because people were queuing for tables at the bar. We got seated and were looked after my Quentin, Gregory and Clarence. All 3 were super helpful with menu advice and didn't rush us to make a decision. Clarence has good banter and made us laugh. They are really attentive and nothing is too much trouble. I had the Pork Chop which is Honey glazed and it is literally the best pork chop I have ever eaten! My husband had the bacon wrapped shrimp with grits and he said that was delicious. For dessert I had the bananas fosters cake which was heavenly and my husband had the pecan pie which he wouldn't even let me try because it was that good he wouldn't even give a spoonful away! A great experience and super waiters! 5*****

afton, va
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

On a whim we chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner as we were touring the south on our motorcycles. We were a little reluctant since we did not have any "nice" clothes. They were very accommodating of business casual and casual. The food was excellent. I had the shrimp and grits, my husband had the petite sirloin. Everything was excellent. We shared the white chocolate brownie for dessert. If you visit this restaurant ask for Stephen as your server he was top notch. We are both runners so really watch our "calorie" intake and he did not pressure us to order MORE. Loved this restaurant and would eat there again.