“Delicious food, superb service!”
Review of Mr. B's Bistro

Mr. B's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. B's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,945 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious food, superb service!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Dinner was delicious and service was perfect. Mary Kay was fabulous!
We had BBQ shrimp, grilled redfish, and short ribs. They were out of the wedge salad. The poached pear salad was great. Bread pudding was tasty too.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Springfield, Missouri
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

A French chef friend told us to eat at Brennan's during our trip to New Orleans. Unfortunately, since it's closed, we chose another Brennan family restaurant. Mr. B's was recommended to us and we're glad we ate there.
We started with the duck spring rolls, a tasty appetizer. My husband ordered the jambalaya pasta and I wanted the barbequed shrimp. The waiter asked if it mattered that the shrimp were in their shells. I said no. Then another staff member tied on a bib and I began to wonder. All doubt vanished once the shrimp emerged. They were extremely large and were too hot to peel at first. So I dipped a piece of bread into the sauce and was immediately transported to nirvana. This may have been the most wonderful stuff I've ever eaten!
My husband also tasted the sauce and loved it. After using all the bread to sop it up I savored the last few drops with my spoon.
Although we had dined well, we wanted dessert. My husband had the apple crisp, and I had the pecan pie. Both were excellent.
Service was remarkable. Our glasses were not only never empty, but were filled when they reached the halfway point. Someone was always around to ask if everything was satisfactory or if they could get us something else.
The atmosphere was very pleasant, and we were able to make the short walk to our hotel and relax.
This was the best dining experience we had while in New Orleans, and one we want to repeat.

Chester, New York
“What Service! What Food!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

When we return to New Orleans in October, we're taking my parents here for their anniversary. We have to. The nearly white glove service is impeccable. The food is delicious. The desserts were absolutely heavenly. My first time eating rabbit was wildly successful thanks to this delicious dish. My wife had the lamb, however, and I intend to absolutely purchase that succulent dish the next time I'm in New Orleans. We left *very* happy, and certain that we had to return.

Visited January 2014
Louisville, Ohio
“A go to place in New Orleans”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We always eat here when in the quarter, because it is so good. The oyster appetizer is so good. I also had the duck egg rolls mmmm so delicious.My sons girlfriend had crab cake, she said it was beast she ever had.

Cleveland, Ohio
“rememered it much better...........”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

good location, very nice inside. bar is nice and drinks reasonable. got seated on time (great!) and had menus thrown at us by a hyper server. came back one minute later and asked what we wanted. we just sat down! luckily another server came by and told us she worked as a team, we asked her to help us.........The oysters and gumbo were great. my main was a flounder with crab meat. It was tiny. cost $42. to there credit I showed it to the second nice waiter and she spoke with the manager. I don't mind paying more for a meal but it should be perfect. unfortunately it was small, the green beans thrown on top with some crab meat. don't order this dish. I have been here for lunch and it was one of my favorites. The manager up front immediately removed it from my bill after speaking with the waitress and they were nice about it. But it was one of three dinners in NOLA and we wanted to love it. too bad. we were not looking for a free meal, we wanted an excellent meal.......