“Great Meal in NOLA”
Review of Mr. B's Bistro

Mr. B's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. B's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,997 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Mr. B's Bistro, (since 1979) owned by Cindy Brennan of the famous Brennan Restaurant Family, is located in the heart of the French Quarter. Signature dishes include Mr. B's famous Barbequed Shrimp, Gumbo Ya Ya, and Bread Pudding with Irish Whiskey Sauce. $1.50 martinis and bloody marys each weekday during lunch.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Dinner with friends. Even though the resturant was busy, the staff was excellent. We were a large party. Everyone's meal was great. Best bread pudding I had in NOLA.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,543)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My daughter and I were on a quick trip to NOLA for a night. She wanted something nice, but still with a New Orleans flair. Mr. B's was just around the corner from out hotel, so I called them for a short notice reservation. We got seated immediately even though they were busy for a Tuesday night. The service was exceptional. I had a pork chop that was out of this world good. The pecan pie we shared for dessert was the bomb!!! It is not cheap, but it is well worth it for fine dining.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We used tripadvisor as a guide and ate dinner here one evening. I had the bacon wrapped shrimp served over grits with a mile red gravy. EXCELLENT. The grits were the best I've ever eaten, creamy and very rich. My wife had the "fish of the day" a red fish sauteed and served with your choice of sides.
The only down side was that the gumbo I ordered came to table warm not hot.
The service was top shelf. With a couple of glasses of wine, tax and tip the bill was about $100.00.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Lunch or dinner, this is a very well run establishment. Servers are all knowledgeable and congenial, making the meal more of a complete experience. And the food, none better in this city. BarBQue shrimp is over the top. Lots of atmosphere, great food, and super service. My favorite in New Orleans.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Someone told me Mr.s B’s Bistro had 1.5$ Bloody Marry’s so I had to stop by! And oh do they! The Bloody Marry’s were great and the service was excellent! We only stopped by for drinks but we ended up trying a few appetizers; the spring rolls were awesome and so were the catfish fingers! Did I mention the 1.5$ Blood Marry’s? Also did you know you can get them togo!?