“Outstanding Service- a MUST when in NOLO”
Review of Mr. B's Bistro

Mr. B's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. B's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 1,955 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Mr. B's Bistro, (since 1979) owned by Cindy Brennan of the famous Brennan Restaurant Family, is located in the heart of the French Quarter. Signature dishes include Mr. B's famous Barbequed Shrimp, Gumbo Ya Ya, and Bread Pudding with Irish Whiskey Sauce. $1.50 martinis and bloody marys each weekday during lunch.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Outstanding Service- a MUST when in NOLO”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Based on the reviews, we gave it a try, and we were rewarded by good service, amazing food, and wonderful atmosphere. I can't say enough, this is a must in NOLO. I said to the manager, we are from NYC and have great restaurants, but nothing like this. based on Deb review, the next one in line, with the heading OMG. We agree. I had the shrimp with bacon and grits. It was out of this world. And priced right.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Calgary
“OMG!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have never had grits - and now I am addicted. I had the shrimp and grits TO DIE FOR!!!!!! Very nice restaurant, very good service, yummy warm bread. Excellant desserts. If I ever go back to New Orleans I will go to this restaurant twice. I also had shrimp and grits at NOLA they were better at Mr. B'd Bistro!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank DebB-TA
Australia
“Well worth visiting for a meal”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Mr. B's Bistro was recommended by the staff at the hotel we were staying in close by. The food is excellent as was the service. The wait staff were very friendly and jovial whilst being professional. Steak was one of the best of the trip.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Aussie_Traveller38
Los Anegles, CA
“Absolutely Delicious!!!!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I dropped in at Mr. B's over Labor Day weekend for lunch with no reservations. They sat us immediately and what followed was an amazing meal! I had tried BBQ shrimp for the 1st time, a NOLA favorite, the night before and was eager to try another restaurant's version. Mr. B's version was AMAZING. The shrimp were so delicious and came with the most amazing broth...perfect for dipping bread in. I couldn't get enough! Then for dessert I had their pecan pie which is my favorite dessert...and they did not disappoint. It was mouth watering delicious.

Service was amazing...the most friendly waiters. Helpful with the menu and the drinks and food came out very timely.

The ambience is very nice at Mr. B's and overall a great restaurant. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank tsvanderzee
Jackson, Mississippi
“Top of the Line service & Food”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great menu, all selections tried were superb. The wait person Mike was one of the best we have had in New Orleans. The desserts along with the wine list made the evening very pleasant.

Visited September 2013