“Classy establishment, first class food, first class staff!”
Review of Mr. B's Bistro

Mr. B's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. B's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 2,034 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Mr. B's Bistro, (since 1979) owned by Cindy Brennan of the famous Brennan Restaurant Family, is located in the heart of the French Quarter. Signature dishes include Mr. B's famous Barbequed Shrimp, Gumbo Ya Ya, and Bread Pudding with Irish Whiskey Sauce. $1.50 martinis and bloody marys each weekday during lunch.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Excellent Gumbo! Great drink specials (surprising for such an upscale place). Very friendly and down to earth staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,699)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Delightful environment with excellent service. The menu offers variety to satisfy any taste or craving. Full bar service also available.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I really liked this place - even though it was overfull - the waiters were attentive and pretty fast. We didn't have a reservation and the front desk said 15 minutes - it was more like 25 but we had a good chat with some other folks at the bar so it wasn't a problem. Getting service at the bar was a bit slow and I almost marked the restaurant down for that - but didn't as the barman made it clear he had seen us and was getting around to it - he was working hard I had to admit!

I had the gumba ya ya - which was fantastic. Easily the best I had in New Orleans (I had it everywhere) and the pork chop. Both were perfectly done.

I liked this place and highly recommend it - even if you have to wait!!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I forgot how good this place is. In pursuit of newer, trendier places we forgot this old standby. We went for brunch and had our socks knocked off - both by food and service. This was truly the total dining experience. Do yourself a favor and hit this spot for the Sunday Jazz Brunch.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had a reservation somewhere else but a local recommended this and it was fabulous. Our waiter was extremely helpful and friendly.