“Great place for lunch”
Review of Mr. B's Bistro

Mr. B's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. B's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 1,976 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Mr. B's Bistro, (since 1979) owned by Cindy Brennan of the famous Brennan Restaurant Family, is located in the heart of the French Quarter. Signature dishes include Mr. B's famous Barbequed Shrimp, Gumbo Ya Ya, and Bread Pudding with Irish Whiskey Sauce. $1.50 martinis and bloody marys each weekday during lunch.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Went there for lunch with a group of ladies and we all loved it! Crab cakes and gumbo were divine! Bloody Marys were classic! A very fun time

There are newer reviews for Mr. B's Bistro

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My last visit was over 15 years ago and I was curious to see how things were going. Still a classy joint, you can wear jeans and a collared shirt and feel at home. Very good service, reasonable house wine @$24 a bottle and the BBQ Shrimp lives up to its' reputation. The wedge salad @ $9.50 was no bigger than my fist and should be avoided only because it cost them 50 cents to make. Otherwise still a great place to eat and very pleasant and clubbly inside. Since the place was packed i think we can say the economy is doing quite well

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Friendly southern hospitality; great food; nice atmosphere. The barbecued shrimp is to die for! I was the only one of the six of us to order the shrimp and everyone else melted when they tried a bite. Crab cake was also excellent--lots of crab and not much filler.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I know this place is an institution, but it needs an update in attitude and menu. The waiter lost interest in us when we declined expensive cocktails and wine. The food was good but not outstanding, and the menu seemed limited to what every other tourist restaurant serves. For the price, I just wasn't that impressed--or maybe Tuesday night they're not in top form.

1  Thank lizard076
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We went to Mr. B's Bistro on our first night in New Orleans and had some really special food. We have never had Gumbo before and the Seafood Gumbo was not what we expected, full of flavour, dark and rich. Main course was double cut 12oz Honey-ginger Glazed Pork Chop, which I though was the best choice until I tasted my partners Mr. B's Barbequed Shrimp, beautiful sauce, real wow dish. Restaurant had a good feel, busy and vibrant, with an open kitchen which is always a good sign. We ate at some great restaurants in New Orleans and Mr B's had to be one of the best.