“Still a Gem”
Review of Mr. B's Bistro

Mr. B's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. B's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Mr. B's Bistro, (since 1979) owned by Cindy Brennan of the famous Brennan Restaurant Family, is located in the heart of the French Quarter. Signature dishes include Mr. B's famous Barbequed Shrimp, Gumbo Ya Ya, and Bread Pudding with Irish Whiskey Sauce. $1.50 martinis and bloody marys each weekday during lunch.
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was the first fine-dining restaurant I became a regular at way back in the day when I finally had a bit of scratch to indulge myself with. And when I returned to New Orleans after a 4 year absence it was the first place I went and was delighted to see it still has the charm and quality I love so well. I have always preferred to go for lunch, and to sit at the bar. There are two constants every time I go: the superb barbecued shrimp and their perfectly executed fried oysters. These are on my death row menu and were flawless on my visit last month.

I always try something new, and this time it was their delicious crab cake. Over the years I usually have shied away from crab cakes, but these are exemplary: huge chunks of crab, just a touch of bread crumbs, and expertly seasoned.

Dean the barman was attentive, informative and charming in a low-key, no b.s. kind of way. To me, Mr. B's IS New Orleans, at least the good parts. I have the greates respect and affection for them and hope to retun soon.

4  Thank Aldo_Nola
Write a ReviewReviews (4,591)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Excellent atmosphere, food and service! Friendly staff, always available and quick to serve. One of the best meals we had while staying in New Orleans.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was looking for good cajun food and wasn't disappointed. Shrimps for entries were right on, the pork was as tasty as I expected.

All in all, a great food experience. The place was packed, though, which takes a bit out of the pleasure - looks like the place is popular with businessman types.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We recently ate at Mr. B's Bistro with friends. The service was fast and efficient and the food was spectacular. My filet mignon was prepared to perfection and others in the group enjoyed salmon and a filet mignon. One person had tuna which he did not relish. We all enjoyed the desserts and wine choices. The location in the French Quarter across the street from Hotel Monteleone is superb. You should make a reservation since this place will fill up even early in the evening. After dinner, jump in a cab and go down to Frenchman Street. The street scene is interesting and music venues are all over the place. Try Snug Harbor for top performances. Maybe make a reservation here also!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had a great Sunday brunch here. Fresh, excellently prepared food, great service and live music. I very much look forward to returning!