“Foodie Heaven”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Wow. We opted for the Feed Me menu, even though it meant we had to eat ANYTHING chef put in front of us. We didn't regret it for a minute. Go and give it a try, you won't be disappointed! Amazing experience!

1  Thank sornstein

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I saw lots of reviews of this restaurant on T.A. before we left for NOLA. We decided to go here for dinner on our first night in town. When we walked there, it was very small and not many people were inside. So we wondered if we should go in. Thankfully, we did!!! It was small, intimate, super friendly, and the food was amazing!!! We started with the crab cakes served over sweet corn maque choux. It was absolutely delicious!!! Spicy, sweet, and filled with lots of crabmeat. For our mains, I had the Crab & Asparagus Salad and my husband had one of the specials which was a pork tenderloin stuffed with andouille over a creole rice. My asparagus was lightly breaded with Panko bread crumbs and cooked to perfection over mixed greens with so much tender blue crab that I couldn't wait to taste it. My husband's portion was very generous and he loved his meal. The chef came out to our table to ask us how dinner was and was super friendly. We found that he was originally from Chicago too. It was a wonderful meal, a terrific experience, and worth every penny! We loved this restaurant!!

1  Thank Suero20
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Looking at the website, I expected modern, trendy, upscale....

It's actually a little hole in the wall place with a faded red awning at the front, complete with decor circa late 1960s. But somehow it all works.

Open kitchen. The chef made regular appearances at a table that was having the Chef's "feed me" deal.

In addition to the decor, i was taken by suprise by the lamb dish. Cooked perfectly (rare), it was served in a cracked pepper, BBQ sauce. My wife had an asparagus/crab salad.

Small place with a bold menu. Only a block away from Bourbon but seems like the other side of town once you're there. Which of course is a good thing. Recommended.

1  Thank Fantom_Gormay
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This quaint restaurant we found on Trip Advisor. My husband saw the pictures of the surf n' turf and said " we are going there". Not disappointed at all. The building is on Dauphine and Conti, just a block from Bourbon but it is not noisy. There are 11-12 tables but you are not sitting on top of other tables like most NOLA restaurants. Sam was our great waiter and he seems like he loves what he does. We went early (6:15) since we were headed to Vaughn's for Corey Henry's Treme Funktette (Thursdays). We stared with Boudin Balls which melt in your mouth. I had Amberjack fish on jambalaya ( the special). My husband had the Creole Surf and turf, Prime filet with crawfish on garlic mashed potatoes. Check the photos. Desert - white chocolate bread pudding in the lucky tilted parfait glass and cream cheese ice cream. The coffee is wonderful. All the food was absolutely amazing. Still thinking about that meal. Chef Mars comes out of the the kitchen to see how satisfactory the meal was. Next time, I will try the "feed me" three or four course meal. Chef Mars make what he want for you. Check out the website. You just have to go. Make reservations if you are going after 7:00pm and check for what evenings the restaurant is closed.

4  Thank damtam13
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We (gratefully) stumbled upon this place while trying to find a place to dine for dinner one night. It's a small restaurant with few tables and excellent service. Fortunately, they were able to squeeze us in without reservations (Reservations Recommended). We were not bold enough to try the Chef's Feed Me deal, so if you are adventurous, I would suggest giving that a try. What we did order was very fulfilling. I tried the Drum (for the second time this trip) and my husband had the surf and turf. Every bite was delicious and the dishes looked like they had been prepared with care. The atmosphere was relaxing and romantic as we felt like we had found a secret hide away tucked away among the busy streets in the French Quarter.

1  Thank Emily T