“food perfect”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Once again this place rocks. Small intimate dining w/ out standing food. The wine list needs serious help though. Service was great .I love eating here and will go back next time I am there

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I read about Louisiana Bistro on Tripadvisor and intended to get the "Feed Me" option. However, you need to be an adventurous eater to make the cut . Our waiter pre-screened us and told me I was borderline (my husband made the cut but it has to be everyone at the table or no one), so after speaking with the chef he thought it would be better for me to order off the menu. While he wouldn't reveal what the actual menu was he asked if I would eat Rabbit, sweetbreads, etc. So, while I was initially disappointed, I was actually relieved. Meanwhile my husband wished I wasn't such a wuss. Anyway, we had a fantastic meal all the same. Cajun Surf & Turf ( filet with crawfish tails) and a wonderful flaky white fish (the name of which I can't remember) topped with lump crap meat in a beurre blanc sauce. We also had the fried green tomatoes with jalapeno hollandaise and a salad as starters. For dessert we had the homemade freshly made cream cheese ice-cream with strawberry's and a balsamic sauce. We were there during Jazz Fest when they were not taking reservations but we lucked out and only had a 10 minute wait. While waiting we were able to enjoy a glass of wine out front (in a real glass - not plastic) ! We will come back next time we are in New Orleans!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

A quaint 12-table restaurant with supreme food and helpful, unpretentious staff. We had the surf&turf cajun tenderloin with crawfish scampi & aspargus and also shared the drum, a local fish with a buttery pecan sauce, Cheesecake balsamic ice cream waaay better than it sounded. Best of the fine restaurants we sampled. I'll be back!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We tried the 3 course "feed me" meal and it was unbelievably delicious! The first course was a mirliton stuffed with a crawfish dressing with a spicy sauce....delicious! The second course was escalar (fish) over roasted peppers with a jalapeno cream sauce. The third course was buffalo short ribs over sweet potatoes. We have the privilege of having enjoyed numerous fish dishes and this was by far one of the best we have ever eaten! For dessert we had a chocolate flourless torte and creole cream cheese ice cream with balsamic reduction! Fabulous! Our waiter was the best..very attentive and a great sense of humor! He seemed to be there just for us!! The restaurant itself is small but very cozy. This was one of the best dining experiences in New Orleans!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had the "feed me" (chef's choices) dinner. What fun to be surprised at the preparation, and delighted with the flavors and care. Small and quiet but do not be afraid to smile and have a great time!