“Very nice”

Neighborhood: French Quarter
Long Island, NY
“Very nice”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My son is still talking about the lamb entree he had at Louisiana Bistro! This is a lovely little restaurant in the French Quarter where you won't get the usual gumbo and po' boy menu. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there's more to New Orleans than gumbo.) The chef visited our table while we were dining, and he's clearly concerned about the happiness of his customers. I like that. Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“One of the best meals of my life”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stumbled upon this very small bistro thanks to a local bartender. I had the swordfish and my husband had the porkchop. They have a feed me option that is sometimes available, but sadly not the night we went. The service and food were both exceptional. Make reservations!

Visited January 2013
Aarhus, Denmark
“Small restaurant - big surprise”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Looking at it from the outside will not tell you the quality of food you will get on the inside. The dinner we got today was the best we had for 4 days in the French Quarter - and the best we had for 3 weeks in the USA (we are 4 visitors from Denmark). The relatively small menu includes very varied dishes. We found no over-cooking or un-necessary breading/frying here. Pure first class raw materials perfectly prepared and served in very tasty well seasoned - bordering hot - dishes. Highly recommended is the surf-and-turf entree as well as the lamb. We also had a couple of delicious appetizers and desserts. The service was outstanding and very kind too. Ad some good red wine and the ambience on the place, and it ads up to a very pleasurable experience we can highly recommend.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank NielsHansen
Tampa, Florida
“Delicious meal at a cozy restaurant”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We had a delightful meal at this small restaurant in the Quarter. It appeared to be a place favored by locals (or at least sophisticated tourists). It was small - 11 tables and the chef made his rounds several times. You definitely need a reservation on weekends. My husband and I did not do the Feed Me option, but really enjoyed the meals we ordered from the menu (the Seafood Collilon was excellent).

2 Thank hoffm123
Kauai
“The worst fine dining experience ever!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Please DO NOT eat here EVER-they have lousy food and service and are not worth your money or taste buds!

First of all, it had the most pretentious and terrible service ever. We were left waiting at the door for 5 minutes before the wait staff acknowledged us. Then, we were told we may not be able to get a table because of reservations (the restaurant was 1/2 empty at the time and remained empty throughout our meal). We wanted to get the Feed Me meal that everyone raves about, but my husband does not eat fish, and they refused to modify the menu for him, and they refused to serve the tasting menu to just me- the rules are that everyone at the table needs to order it or nobody gets it.

When we told the waiter how terrible the food was, the waiter waived his hand in my face and said, "oh well"! I could not eat my duck- it had cheap Chinese restaurant sweet and sour sauce on it. Literally, Panda Express style sweet and sour sauce! i ordered medium rare and got it well done. my husband ordered the pork chop and it was over salted and raw towards the bone- pink pork!!

It was a complete let down, even the table next to us was sad. I made a gagging face and the lady nodded her head, pointed at her plate and frowned and shook her head no, she didnt like what she got either. The women who got the Feed Me at the table behind us got all the same courses that every other reviewer on yelp got- the crawfish beignets in lemon butter and drum fish. The stupid menu never changes! And it's $50 for 3 courses, $60 for 4, and $70 for 5. Rip off! It's tiny portions, too.

Maybe it used to be good here but no more!!!! Save your money and go to Bourbon House down the street- it's cheaper, better food with friendly service.

1 Thank FloralAloha