“Best Shrimp PoBoy in NOLA”

Liuzza's by the Track
Ranked #253 of 1,989 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Fairgrounds
Description: Local flavor at it's best near the Fairgrounds! BBQ Shrimp poboys, Gumbo,Bloody Marys etc.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was one of our first spots to eat in NOLA and although it doesn't look like much the food was great!

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This was great experince! Nice neighborhood restaurant with great food. We had the gumbo with a bqq poorbo sandwich--nice. Stop by, friendly place.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Knowing I was headed to Nola, I googled best Poboy in New Orleans and this place popped up. I went to my trusty tripadvisor reviews and knew I had to try it. Liuzza's was awesome! I ordered the BBQ shrimp poboy and it was delicious. However I probably should not have ate the whole thing. It was really rich. This is a truly original NOLA diner with good food, good service and a full bar. I highly recommend the bloody mary's. If you are looking for an authentic place to eat local food at a very reasonable price then put Liuzza's on your list. If you encounter a line, which I am sure you will, don't be discouraged. Just put your name on the list, grab a cold one and wait for a great meal.

1  Thank CaliforniaRiverrat
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Ok, Im a huge fan of New orleans style BBQ Shrimp and this IS all it's touted to be. Great flavor depth, tons of tender shrimp and with a twist... Served on deliciously soft poboy bread, open face. Trust me you'll need a knife, fork and bib for this one. It's a large portion so you may want to share, or do what I did, stuff yourself till you go into a food coma. I have only been there once so I am unable to comment on any other menu items, and After my experience I want to try them all! Liuzza's, I love You and can't wait to see you again.

1  Thank Tpoet
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A classic! the garlic oyster poboy is simply excellent and when it's topped with a cup of Gumbo and a local beer, life couldn't be better. This is a must when visiting New Orleans.

1  Thank Pierre M