“My new favorite place to eat!”

Liuzza's by the Track
Ranked #247 of 1,963 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Fairgrounds
Description: Local flavor at it's best near the Fairgrounds! BBQ Shrimp poboys, Gumbo,Bloody Marys etc.
Arlington, TX
“My new favorite place to eat!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was our 2nd stop of a biking food tour on Monday and our last New Orleans meal on a Wed of the same week! Had a cup of their fantastic gumbo each time-wow, totally my new favorite gumbo, they call it Creole gumbo-I call it fantastic! First trip we shared the bbq shrimp poboy-delicious and rich, glad we shared! 2nd trip had a fried shrimp poboy-best of the trip, hubs had hot sausage poboy, yummy and we shared their fresh real fries. Our service was friendly and prompt each trip and I'm totally in love this this place and the neighborhood!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank BeachbumAggie

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Neighborhood Realism”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Tucked on a corner close to the track (as the name implies), don't neglect the daily specials or the almost anything on the menu that tickles your fancy. This is authentic NOLA neighborhood food.

Visited February 2012
West Jordan, Utah
“Don't Be Scared, It Really Is Delicious (and Friendly) in There”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The other reviews are right. My signature BBQ shrimp po' boy was something like I've never had before. I thought it would be too big to eat, but I just couldn't stop it was so good. Add to that some pretty amazing sweet potato fries, all at a pretty low price, and you got the makings of a can't-miss New Orleans restaurant. (Don't let the outside throw you off. Once you get inside you realize its like any other small neighborhood restaurant. My wife, who is pretty picky about these things, ended up just fine with the whole thing.)

Overland Park, Kansas
“Best PoBoy in New Orleans!!!!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was the Best PoBoy in New Orleans!!!!! Their food and Service was Excellent!!! Had both a shrimp and catfish poboy and their gumbo was delicious! This was a lunch that we took a cab to get to... no need, just take the trolley and save $$. Highly Recommend!!!!!!!!!

Visited April 2012
“The place to be for local fare”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

This is truly a find. This local place was recommended by a valet at the hotel. We are so glad it was. The atmosphere and food are local. You cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. This is a must for the true New Orleans experience.