“So, so good!”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This place is small, and since we had a wheelchair with us, we had to eat outside. Okay, biut what about the food? Excellent. We all loved the cheese fries with debris gravy. I had the seafood beignet. Mmmm. My husband had The Legend. I liked it. It was just okay to him, but he is not a foodie like I am. My nephew had the Remmy Po Boy. It has fried green tomatoes, shrimp, and a remoulade sauce. He said it was one of the best meals he has eaten. He also had a side of potato salad, which he thought was real good as well. Be warned southerners!! No sweet tea!!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had to wait too long and the table were a bit cramped. However, the food was quite good and so was the eventual service. For vegetarian, there's a chance to get a veggie po' boy.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We took the Canal streetcar towards the cemeteries to get to this highly recommended neighborhood restaurant. It is only one block from Canal Street. Got seated right away and we could tell from the atmosphere that this a place we would frequent again. We had the seafood platter, which is more than enough for 2 people. Our server was courtesy and attentive, even the owner came by to make things were going well. Away from the hustle and bustle. The catfish was over the top, that especially stood out, but everything was good.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Katie's Restaurant & Bar is a cute neighborhood restaurant. The atmosphere was nice. Prices were reasonable. The staff needs to work on being friendlier and more efficient though. It is one of the restaurants that have been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dive and the Food Network so it catches your attention but after eating here, I got the, its more hype than anything else feeling.

We started off with an appetizer of Onion Rings. Its odd I know, but that was because my dining companion decided to change his order and they said it was too late (even though it really wasn't) and our server brought it out before out food (further proving they could have changed the fries to onion rings). I didn't like them, my friend thought they were good. I didn't like them because they were baked and didn't a nice crunchy/crispy outer coating. He liked them because he said they were not greasy.

From reading about their restaurant, I gathered that their handmade pizzas are what got them popularity. I must be in the minority though, because I didn't like it. We ordered The Terranova (Italian sausage, pepperoni, red onion, black olives, green bell peppers, and marinara). The marinara was too sweet for me and the pizza that was suppose to be made fresh to order and then fired over a Brooklyn-style stone didn't taste like that. It took long to come out but arrive room temperature and lacking that nice, crispy crust. I did like that it was thin but the compliments stop there.

What stood out to me on the menu were Scottie's Cnn Blackberry & Jalapeno Ribs. This was the saving grace of the meal. The sauce was a bit sweet but was offset by the spicy. The sides were pretty basic, but the flavor of the ribs makes me overlook that. The fries were your typical fried potato stick and the potato salad had more egg than anything else. The ribs were definitely good, I will give Katie's that.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Comfortable, friendly and delicious local restaurant. Super salads and excellent local New Orleans cuisine. Tucked away off the main drag.