“Go hungry”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

They were awfully proud of their DDD/Guy Fieri/Food Network cred, but this one actually lived up to the hype. I had "The Legend" which was a po-boy stuffed with BBQ shrimp and their house Cochon de Lait. So much flavor! I upgraded to the onion rings which were HUGE and awesome. The cheese bread appetizer was killer. The red sauce? After the bread was gone, I finished if off with a spoon. That good.

1  Thank TXAndrea

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I moved a half block away from Katie's, and always see the crowds waiting to eat there, so we went to try it. Their Hamburgers are the best, real ground beef, cooked to order, but I was very disappointed on their Grilled Oysters, tasteless, just some melted "margarine" not butter and sprinkled with parmessan cheese on the shells,but you needed a magnifying glass to see the oysters and at about $17.00 a dozen plus tax and tip, you feel cheated!!! If they don't have good oysters, they should not sell them!!! Do like Cassamentos does, that they close the restaurant when the oysters are not in season, rather than disappoint their customers. I am not saying that they close, but soft shell crab is on the menu only when "available" they should do the same with the oysters. Sell them only when they have big oysters....

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Not to far from Canal Street in mid city. Great burgers. I had hickory burger my wife had mushroom swiss. Great place for a quick meal. Burgers are large. Good cole slaw. Need to add sweet tea to menu.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just had a 50th reunion here----( 10 people)--and the management went all out to make the experience TRULEY memorable ! Small eating area, but did not rush us, and the line was almost to the end of the building !!
Just a Statement to their Awesome New Orleans experience---not to mention the Food & Great Menu !!
You won't be disappointed---but arrive early, or enjoy the Bar !!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stopped by Katies while in New Orleans for a day before our cruise. I had ready good reviews and was determined to try it and it did not disappoint.

We took the Canal Street streetcar up to Katies and had an early dinner. My husband had the Cochon de Lait sandwish and said it was good but he had thought that he'd get BBQ sauce or something on it. He did enjoy it very much though.

My son had the chicken tenders which he found to be good as well.
We also had the Boudreaux pizza which was wonderful! But my favorite by far was the Crawfish Beignet. I didn't think my husband would even try it, but he did and found he liked it quite well. By the time we both finished it, we were full and had to really fight to eat the pizza and sandwich.

The waitress was very friendly. We got there by 5 pm and got right in, but there was a wait outside the door by the time we left.

If ever in N.O. again, I will most definitely make the trip to Katies! Well worth the trip.

2  Thank Beth C