“Surprised by the excellent food and service!”

Katie's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #14 of 1,992 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

A small group of us met up at Katie's and it happened to be pizza night. We were all surprised at the quality pizza we were served.

The charbroiled oysters were some of the best to be had in New Orleans and the staff was attentive and welcoming.

Katie's is a must visit destination. Guarantee if you go once, you'll definitely go back again!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I picked this spot to eat because I saw it on Diners, Drive ins and Dives. It was a little pricey, but well worth it! We got the Boudreaux pizza which was beyond delicious. I could eat that everyday!! We also got one of the other pizzas and it did not disappoint. If I lived in NOLA I would visit this place often. I will say, there was quite a wait to get seated. I think we had to wait for 45 mins on a Wednesday night.

1  Thank Tirzah D
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great find in New Orleans. So good we went back a second time and praised it just as much as the first visit. A quaint atmospheric neighborhood restaurant in stead of the touristy French Quarter. Best charbroiled oysters in the city. Don't let this eatery get passed you - the chef is creative & top notch.

1  Thank Jotto
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took some local NoLa clients out to dinner ..asked them to pick a local restaurant with character and good food ..a place where the NoLa locals go. About 2 miles up Canal Street (Iberville Street) north of the French Quarter ... so you need a taxi or car. Has braised pork shoulder (local specialty). Real NoLa food at local prices. I sent 3-other folks the next day for lunch and they loved it. Be warned. No tablecloths and looks right out of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives from the Food Network. But I guess that is good.

1  Thank DRouatt
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Taylor/Tyler (I'm sorry...) was amazing. You should ask for him!!!! He was very friendly! I asked for his recommendations and they were all great! Get the crab/cheese dip when they have it (I asked if i could buy it by the vat it was so good). The dive was classic and SPOTLESS!!! great deco and atmosphere! I cant wait to go back!

1  Thank Kari R