“A bit of a dump”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The place is a bit of a dump. I had read that the po boys were good. The staff at the hotel recommended breakfast. Service was slow and the food was ordinary. I wasn't overwhelmed with the cleanliness of the place. Many better places to visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,128)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

For our first po-boy experience we had a 'dressed' shrimp po-boy. The bread was fresh and loaded with shrimp, a great sandwich for a very reasonable price. An altogether positive experience for these po-boy newbies.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We didn't get a chance to have lunch at Johnny's so I can only comment on their breakfast. We stopped in around 10am and found it relatively quiet and ordered our breakfast which consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, grits & hash browns. The staff was very friendly and the food was good and inexpensive ($26 for 3) but not exceptional. I'm sorry we didn't get to taste those po-boys that got rave reviews -- hopefully, next time!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The atmosphere is wonderfully entertaining but the food is fabulous! My husband had the shrimp po' boy and I had the muffaletta for lunch. Had half of my sandwich for lunch and the other half three hours later - could not finish it all at once! Can't wait to return to New Orleans to enjoy that sandwich again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Crowded, efficient, synchronized bedlam ....perfect for one of the better Po'Boy shops in New Orleans. A native suggested this place especially for their seafood po'boys and my combination shrimp and oyster absolutely hit the mark.

The shrimp was so good, I would probably opt for 100% shrimp next time. My traveling buddy got the roast beef and it was a 12 napkin experience so that means it passed the bill as well.

Great little shorts and flip flops lunch spot. Easy spot to go back to.

The only complaint is that the table turn over so fast, there is often no one who has the chance to bus the tables.