“Must eat at Johnny's”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband, 17 yo son and I ate a Johnny's twice whilst staying in New Orleans it was that good. Fresh, tasty meals that are huge. My husband and I shared a Johnny's Special PoBoy because they are so big. Also tried the bowl of chilli that was pretty tasty. Very busy place but there is extra seating out the back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,128)

Reviewed January 13, 2013

A Po-Boy is not the most elegant sandwich in the world, and Johnny's is nothing much, but try a fried shrimp Po-Boy at Johnny's and see what everyone is talking about. It is worth the experience. Then you can go back to quiche.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I and two friends recently went to New Orleans... we heard how great
Johnny's Po-Boys restaurant was. Well we ordered the roastbeef on french bread warm and it came back loaded with gravy. So much gravy that you could not even pick up the sandwich- the bread was soaked.... the worst po-boy we ever had! Also we ordered the muffaletta and that was just okay nothing special. If you want something in the $14.00 price range for a sandwich and do not care about quality ... this is the place for you.
Fortunately, before we left the Big Easy we visited Central Market which is an Italian grocery store... this place was the first to invent the muffaletta ... and lets just say this ... all four of us can not wait to go back to the Central Market to have their Muffaletta !! We tried the original and one with olive salad which was excellent!! So, do not bother going to Johnny's Po-Boys.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was just in New Orleans for one day on business. A quick bite in mid afternoon was in order before I left town, so, this place is convenient, just off Decatur and near Jackson's Brewery. I highly recommend that you go to the top level, out on the balcony, to enjoy your food. Great view from up there, horse carriages go by, people watching, the occasional barge or ship on the river.......and great food. I had the fried shrimp po-boy and it's excellent, the bread is exceptional. The number of choices on the menu board for po-boys is staggering.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

It's like a small greasy spoon restaurant where they sell large Po-boys . The food is good, the portion is way too big for an ordinary person's appetite so you can easily take one for two people for lunch. That brings the price down a bit. I was alone so, not knowing, I took one Beef Bbq with salad and pickles and cheese ( all extras) and a soda. Cost me 14$.