“Would visit again”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Garden District
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I actually ate at this place 3 times in one week during my stay. The food was excellent quality great value for the prize. Service was tremendous. Parking was a little bit of a challenge during the 5 o'clock hour

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a quaint little place in the Garden District of New Orleans. It was a Diners, Drive Ins & Dives reviewed place so we had to go. The wait was about 15 minutes or so but well worth it. An eclectic atmosphere with great service and better food. Had the "All you can eat" fried catfish, fries, gumbo and red beans & rice! Way too much but it was great! Highly recommend if you are going to be in town!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

First i'll start by saying the food we got was great. My husband ordered the crab & corn bisque & it was devine. Probably the best thing we ate the entire meal. The shrimp po-boy was decent but the red beans & rice were my favorite. The service was slow and the waitstaff was not attentive at all. Took about 15 mintues just to get water, and it being June and we had been shopping on Magazine street in the heat, we were parched. But other than that, if you're not in a hurry i would recommend this restaurant. I wish i would of tried something a bit more "out of the box" like some of there specialties.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Looking for a good diner with good food, great lunch atmosphere, had the fried green tomatoes and shrimp.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Since I have never heard of any restaurant on Magazine St., I based my choice on the "today's special" chaulk board on the sidewalk. I wanted to eat something I couldn't get at home, which is about 30 miles away in the suburbs. I saw "fried green tomatoes" and walked right in! This was an appetizer that came with 5 grilled shrimp, which were AWESOME. I can't wait to take my husband to Magazine St. one weekend soon and we WILL eat at Joey K's! Highly recommend! Great service, and very pleasant atmosphere.