House of Blues Restaurant & Bar New Orleans
Reserve with OpenTable
House of Blues Restaurant & Bar New Orleans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #314 of 1,933 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Iberville
Transit: The House of Blues is accessible off the St Charles and Magazine street cars, along with the Magazine St bus-line.
Description: Step into House of Blues and you'll discover Crossroads Restaurant & Bar, a delicious culinary mix of American and international dishes created by our rockin' band of chefs across America. Appetizers to please are the perfect opening act before diving into juicy steaks, tantalizing salads and decadent desserts. Our burgers are even better than scoring a backstage pass. So whether you're in the mood for our tender Applewood Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf or the Shrimp & Grits with its seductive and crispy fried grit cake, there's a little something for every rockstar on this menu. Our menu is bold yet classic and has a contemporary twist that will leave your taste buds singing all the way home. We offer FREE local music and comedy weekly. SUNDAY BRUNCH w/ live gospel music & an all you can eat brunch featuring Southern specialties, breakfast favorites, omelet & carving stations, Bloody Mary bar & unlimited mimosas!
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

The food was good. The ambience was wonderful. We took a large group, and they accepted a reservation for this. The Menu is a mix of Cajun/Creole and standard fare, which was nice for a large group. The shrimp Creole we had was very flavorful. Heard no complaints!

Mikelle S, Manager at House of Blues Restaurant & Bar New Orleans, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your dining experience with us. Our menu was designed to offer a little something for everyone. I'm glad your group enjoyed our options. Come see us again soon!

Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Fun restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Enjoyed this restaurant. Had shrimp and grits and was very good. Others in our group had fish of the day, hamburger and French dips...no complaints from anyone. Service a little slow but our server was very nice. I also used a restaurant.com coupon and was very easy to use. Loved the atmosphere.

Visited July 2014
Mikelle S, Manager at House of Blues Restaurant & Bar New Orleans, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for choosing to dine with us. We're glad to see you enjoyed the shrimp and grits and loved the atmosphere.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Delicious Lobster/ Mac & Cheese!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a large group of 14 for dinner, it seem to take a long period of time to get drinks, along with our appetizers. There was also a long wait in between that for our meals. Other than that, I believed everyone enjoyed their food. I know I loved my lobster/ mac&cheese...it was delicious! My only complaint is that our server was a bit slow and not he wasn't very friendly! All in all...a good place to try!

• Visited June 2014
It's good to read everyone enjoyed their food. Our menu was created to offer a little something for everyone. We aim for excellent service as well. I apologize your server did not meet our goal. Thanks for choosing to dine with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Victoria, Canada
“What an Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Okay ... true enough, it's more than a bit sensationalized at the House of Blues. It smacks of the Disney-type touch. It's a little too freshly-painted, too organized, too curated for artwork, too managed for traffic flow to feel totally authentic. On the other hand, it is a clean and beautiful space, ready to receive and manage huge crowds of people quickly and efficiently -- and this is a total delight.

The front room is a nice place to wait. Musicians here live the life and walk the talk ... or so it seems. It was a time for the front-of-house to gather some info for the later show, like where the anniversaries and birthdays were amongst the audience.

The brunch service is excellent! Lovely cheese grits, spicy lemon shrimp, and serviceable chicken-waffles (these don't hold well on buffet). Biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, and strong coffee were winners as well. The layout is good, but I did find that being late in the service, I will still enjoying my meal when the show started ... but since I was seated at the edge of the stage, I found it hard physically and psychologically to continue eating with the show going on just a few feet a way. As a result, I gobbled and didn't really savor. I don't know there is any way around this, it was just kind of unfortunate.

Music ... now this was the real deal. Sure, it's a show, but this doesn't really move it away from authentic. Some of the singers were clearly more used to singing in church than on stage and this gave them a real appeal. The lead singer, however, managed a brilliant morning of worship-worthy music. She guided and cajoled and enjoined the audience exactly where we needed to go. It was clear she was working in the moment from a typical but not rigid plan, and this gave all sorts of room for spontaneity. The Gospel and the musical Gospel were both delivered with love and faith and conviction. It was a worship service!

So, yes, more than a bit sensational, but enough so that you can really sit back and just accept what comes. It was a great start to our stay in New Orleans.

Visited June 2014
Mikelle S, Manager at House of Blues Restaurant & Bar New Orleans, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thanks for sharing your brunch experience with us. We're happy to hear it was a great start to your stay in New Orleans.
Superior
“not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Ended up eating here as we were looking for outdoor seating and all of the establishments on Royal Street were very busy due to the food and wine festival occurring that night. First the drink, which was recommended by the waitress as a top shelf margarita homemade with fresh lime juice and simple syrup was a disappointment after the build up. I greatly enjoy a good margarita and was excited hearing the description. However, when it arrived it was soooooo tart (and I love my margarita's tart) I had to add several sugar packets to it. Clearly, the simple syrup was forgotten. The margarita was $11!! This was more expensive than anywhere we had a drink at on either Royal or Bourbon street!! I ordered the jambalaya with shrimp (adding shrimp was an extra cost-thought it was standard with jambalaya?). It was soooo salty (and I like my food well salted) that I picked out the shrimp and couldn't eat the rest of it. Kind of a disappointment and not impressed for a meal that should have been a "no brainer" for any restaurant in NOLA. This visit reinforced my convictions of not eating at chain restaurants when traveling.

Visited May 2014
Mikelle S, Manager at House of Blues Restaurant & Bar New Orleans, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
We appreciate your feedback about the margarita and Jambalaya. Even though we are a chain, offering great food and drinks are important to us. The margarita and Jambalaya usually receive positive reviews. I apologize you were not able to taste these as they were meant to be served. Your review is passed along to our Chef and Restaurant Manager so we can improve to provide consistently tasty food and drinks. Thank you again for letting us know how we are doing.