House of Blues Restaurant & Bar New Orleans
Reserve with OpenTable
House of Blues Restaurant & Bar New Orleans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #306 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Barbecue, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Iberville
Transit: The House of Blues is accessible off the St Charles and Magazine street cars, along with the Magazine St bus-line.
Description: The House of Blues restaurant menu draws its inspirations from across the South. The menu includes iconic dishes such as New Orleans jambalaya and gumbo, Lowcountry shrimp and grits, house-smoked Carolina pulled-pork barbeque, Memphis-style baby back ribs, and Delta fried chicken. The menu also offers signature Southern-inspired recipes such as Voodoo Shrimp and Carolina Mess, as well as a wide range of burgers, sandwiches and salads. The House of Blues bar is dedicated to showcasing a unique blend of classic and contemporary specialty cocktails, spirits and craft beer. Located near the French Quarter, Lafayette Square, and Mercedes-Benz Superdome, the House of Blues experience brings together authentic American food, live music, and art like no other place on Earth. The sounds are electric, the art is inspiring, and our kitchen is as rockin’ as the talent onstage. Come join us for lunch, dinner or happy hour!
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was very pleased and surprised by the House of Blues in New Orleans. I do not normally like "chains" but this was far from that. The decor and atomoshere are fun and comfortable. But what really got surprised me was the quality of food. It was fresh and homemade. The voodoo shrimp appetizer with the jalapeno cornbread was delicious. The shrimp po-boy was fresh and crispy and the coleslaw is the best I have EVER had!! My husband had the classic club and could not believe how you could actually taste each and every ingredient. Really enjoyed!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I wandered in when the restaurant was clearly about to close. We were the only one eating! Apart from the delicious food was the server asking me for my ID when I ordered a drink. Classic moment that was naturally captured for posterity. House of Blues made my night!
:-)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The House of Blues restaurant menu actually reminds me of food and ambiance you'd find in Clarksdale/The Crossroads. This is soul food with a culinary touch. A friend and I ordered the Portobello Sliders and Voodoo Shrimp before a concert. Both were good, but the sliders were phenomenal. I've been to HOB before without eating at the restaurant. I'm so glad I finally did.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

the nth degree in order to truly experience the food and down and dirty ambiance of this restaurant. And once you've overloaded your taste buds on the Lobster Mac & Cheese (yes i said lobster) then either soak in the local talent on the back porch and courtyard - with bar, I might add, or get your rockfest/jam session on just a stone's throw at the other end of the restaurant.
Simply put, If you're looking for a top end chophouse, this isn't the place for you. But if you're looking for a place to kickback for a reasonable price with a side of entertainment then start here and work your way out.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great time here. Used a groupon for fun burlesque show and local coupon for dinner! Great ribs. Outside courtyard for some ood live bands and then the show. Worth every penny.