“Great service”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stopped at Frank's as we were leaving N.O. We ordered a muffaletta to go. It was securely wrapped so it did not lose any of its yummy-ness. We asked were we could buy some authentic po-boy bread and they sold us a loaf from their kitchen. They ever wrapped it to-go. Staff was super friendly, sandwich was terrific. A good place to stop if N.O.

There are newer reviews for Frank's Restaurant

Reviewed June 17, 2011

We went to Frank's for an early dinner, and after a long day of walking, decided to eat downstairs instead of going upstairs. It was quiet, cool, and our server, Kendall, was very helpful. We started with THE MOST FLAVORFUL Gumbo in NO, and followed by splitting a whole Muffulatta. This sandwich is so huge!!! Kendall advised us to try sharing first instead of ordering a whole one each. He was so right! A quarter of this was plenty after having the Gumbo. (We took our leftovers for a late night snack!) The bread was so fresh, and the various Italian deli meats were piled high! But it was the olive salad that pushed it over the edge into fantastic!

Reviewed June 6, 2011

Fast and polite service, quick preparation of our food, and most of all delicious.

If you the balcony is open, eat there! The inside is nice, but the balcony has an awesome view of Jackson Square, the riverfront and part of the downtown skyline all in one place.

We ordered a muffaletta, the Frita and a shrimp po boy. The only bad thing was the Shrimp po boy did not come with remoulade sauce. The po boy was good enough that I did not think of it until later, but it was odd.

We were told that Central Grocery was the place to go for a muffaletta, but they were closed. It was about 5pm on a Friday if you are wondering. However, Frank's muffaletta hit the spot just fine.

The surprise star of the show was the Frita, a ham/cheese/roast beef sandwich on crusty French bread that soaks up the roast beef juices. My brother let me cut a piece. The thing was awesome! I will definitely order the Frita the next time I go to Frank's.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

Ate there for lunch. Ordered before my wife went to the restroom (filthy). Had corn crab bisque (just OK) and the fried shrimp Po' Boy. Bread was fresh on Saturday but we were there on Tuesday. Just ate the shrimp. Service was OK but had to keep asking for this or that and the check. Felt something on my leg and thought it was a fly. Turned out to be a cockroach. Had digestive issues later that night. Waiter said the Sopranos ate there once. If the Sopranos were real life gangsters, they would have "offed" the whole palce.

1  Thank TNLAWMAN11
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We went to Frank's after visiting the French Market and were thrilled that myself and my dieting friend were both able to find delicious options. I chose the meatball po-boy (pretty much a meatball sub with lettuce) and she ordered some sort of olive salad (whatever it was, it was amazing!).
The food was great and the servers were helpful, friendly and hilarious.