“Food is overpriced, Beer is excellent.”

Crescent City Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Crescent City Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 1,990 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Tolouse and St Louis
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Even with all of the restaurants in New Orleans we have made sure that we go to the Crescent City Brewhouse every time we visit New Orleans. Mainly for the beer with their Red Stallion being among the best we have tasted.
However, the food is still very good but the portions are shrinking and the price has gone up. You can usually get one of those buy one entree - get one free coupons in the tourist guides but even so the prices are high for what you get even by New Orleans standards.
This time two in the party had the crabmeat stuffed shrimp which was rated as good but again not much on the plate. I had Wolf's German Sausage Platter which would rate as a 3.7 out of five. The food was good but the sausage was not up to what you would get at a German restaurant in Southern Indiana or Ohio. Again the portion was not up to what the price would suggest.
There is entertainment but it the combo is always playing after we eat at 4:30 - 6:00 pm. The atmosphere is that of an old building turned in to a decent restaurant, the service is quick and attentive without hovering.
I suggested that the next time we visit the bar only and get Red Stallion without the overpriced meals.
If you do use a coupon be aware that they always add a 15% gratuity to the bill so don't tip them twice!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

If you like boiled shrimp......look no further. This place has the absolute best boiled shrimp in the world. You might be saying to yourself right now......come on.....boiled shrimp, is boiled shrimp. Until I ate here, I agreed. This place proves that theory wrong. They boil the shrimp in their homemade beer, brewed on the premises. And they combine the beer, with their own "secret recipe" (I tried to acquire it) shrimp boil; also made in house. This, coupled with fresh shrimp caught daily, right off the coast, creates award winning shrimp. I made a meal out of it. At the very least, you need to try it as an appetizer. I promise, it won't disappoint and you will come back for more. I am happy to say, I can highly recommend, Crescent City Brewhouse, to my friends at tripadvisor. Enjoy.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Whenever I am in New Orleans, that's where I go for the best Pilsner anywhere. After 6 pm, you can sit at the bar and listen to live Jazz and steamboat whistles from the Mississippi all at the same time. It can't get any better. Prices are good and the beer...well, enough written.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had time to burn before hopping on the steamboat ride. We sat in the bar area, they do have a restaurant area as well. Kyle was great! He knew his beers and drinks. I just didn't know what I wanted, Kyle brought me a beer to sample but I wasn't a fan - good try on his part. I ended up with a margarita that was very tasty. Oysters are done right there at the bar and you can sit and watch him, becarefuly of flying oyster/sea water when he opens them :) Great place to people watch. The jellyfish lights above the bar were pretty - would love to see them at night. If I wasn't stuffed I would have tried the shrimp/grits as those have gotten rave reviews. Good place/great location.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Four of us visited Crescent City Brewhouse for lunch on a Monday and found it li lightly occupied. Service was well done at all times. I love good beer, but have learned that New Orleans is not the place to visit for that purpose. Still, their Red Stallion, an amber, was pretty good, and Black Forest was quite good. My wife and I ordered a half dozen oysters of their fresh shucked oysters topped with "crab and saffron, spinach and herbsaint
and shrimp mirliton." We are very fond of having multiple oysters in a package, and thought this was the high mark of the lunch. For an entrée, my wife had the Gumbo Meat Pies , a combination of pork and beef stuffed in fried bread pockets with sweet peppers, onions and roasted chilies, served with green onion mashed potato and green "chile demi". She thought it very good. I had Crabmeat Stuffed Shrimp, which wasn't quite as good, with the crabmeat almost invisible as taste. Overall, we thought Crescent City was a tradition, old-style bar with development of beer under way and lunch that was pretty good, above average for pub food.