“Mid day cocktail”

Crescent City Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Crescent City Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 1,945 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Tolouse and St Louis
Atlanta, Georgia
“Mid day cocktail”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had time to burn before hopping on the steamboat ride. We sat in the bar area, they do have a restaurant area as well. Kyle was great! He knew his beers and drinks. I just didn't know what I wanted, Kyle brought me a beer to sample but I wasn't a fan - good try on his part. I ended up with a margarita that was very tasty. Oysters are done right there at the bar and you can sit and watch him, becarefuly of flying oyster/sea water when he opens them :) Great place to people watch. The jellyfish lights above the bar were pretty - would love to see them at night. If I wasn't stuffed I would have tried the shrimp/grits as those have gotten rave reviews. Good place/great location.

• Vietnamese first
Elk Grove, California
“Food as Good as Beer”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Four of us visited Crescent City Brewhouse for lunch on a Monday and found it li lightly occupied. Service was well done at all times. I love good beer, but have learned that New Orleans is not the place to visit for that purpose. Still, their Red Stallion, an amber, was pretty good, and Black Forest was quite good. My wife and I ordered a half dozen oysters of their fresh shucked oysters topped with "crab and saffron, spinach and herbsaint
and shrimp mirliton." We are very fond of having multiple oysters in a package, and thought this was the high mark of the lunch. For an entrée, my wife had the Gumbo Meat Pies , a combination of pork and beef stuffed in fried bread pockets with sweet peppers, onions and roasted chilies, served with green onion mashed potato and green "chile demi". She thought it very good. I had Crabmeat Stuffed Shrimp, which wasn't quite as good, with the crabmeat almost invisible as taste. Overall, we thought Crescent City was a tradition, old-style bar with development of beer under way and lunch that was pretty good, above average for pub food.

Visited December 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
“Try the beer sampler”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stop by the Crescent City Brewhouse for a sampler- 4 samples for $7.50 or 5 samples for $8.50

The bar has some really cool jelly fish lights made by a local artist, Eric Ehlenberger. Super cool, loved them.

The seasonal when we went was an IPA. The Black Forest is a Munich style beer, not too hoppy while the Red Stallion is a Vienna style lager. The Weiss beer and the Pilsner were both nice.

We sat at the bar and got to chatting with the bar staff, all of whom had no trouble taking the time to speak with us, even though they were pretty busy.

Bowling Green, Ohio
“Great Chef, Good Brewmaster”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner before it got busy and the service was friendly and thorough. The beer I had was the Black Forest, a true-to-style Munich dark. The Shrimp and Grits were to die for. The grits were creamy and added layers of flavor typical of a culinary artist. My wife had Crab Stuffed Shrimp and she enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed mine. Of our four nights in NOLA, this was our 2nd place pick, barely edged out by Original Pierre Maspero's.

1 Thank bsmith45
Pearl River, Louisiana, United States
“Underwhelmed and Overpriced”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you are looking for beer then this is a good stop. If you are hungry it's another story. Some items are good but all are overpriced for such small portions. The crab cake and the seafood cheesecake appetizers are very tasty. For $12.95 I would have expected more than what showed up, just one small crab cake. The same with the seafood cheesecake, tasty but very small. The hamburger was a frozen patty, not bad but not good for the price. I tried the oyster club sandwich because of the servers recommendation. She claimed it was huge! I couldn't taste the oysters between all the white toast. Definitely an uninspired sandwich. With 1 drink each our party of four
had a $140.00 bill and I was still hungry. There are better restaurants very nearby.