“Awesome”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

My friend and I took 6 of our boys, 11-18, to eat at Cafe Maspero. Everything from the shrimp poboy to the turkey sandwich was delicious! But the calamari was the best! My 11yr. old who doesn't like seafood even ate a ton!
The manager came over to check on us and gave us the story of the restaurant! She was super nice and a fabulous story teller! I loved hearing how the painting on the wall was payment for a debt and that the bar in the restaurant had been moved over by hand from the old location!
I will go back every trip to New Orleans from now on!

Date of visit: August 2016
Thomas B, Area Director at Cafe Maspero, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2016

wgmsmom
Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased to hear that your group enjoyed their visit to Café Maspero. It sounds to me like the manager was probably Lisa, who does a great job telling stories to the guests. We hope to have your whole group back with us again real soon and I have shared your comments with the team at Café Maspero as well.
Café Maspero and Creole Cuisine Restaurant Concepts

Write a ReviewReviews (1,480)

Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely deep taste from fresh ingredients, flavour, taste, everything delicious.
We had a Maffaletta, wau, Onion Soup (with cheese) wau, Beans with rice, good.
Really nice calm atmosphere, original.
Recommend for travellers ;-)

1  Thank marekbubu
Thomas B, Area Director at Cafe Maspero, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2016

Marek
Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the kind words and I have shared it with management and staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2016

Service here was great. Maybe the food just didn't appeal to me because we had been travelling all day on vacation and it was 9000 degrees in the quarter (sarcasm), but seriously it was like 97 degrees and the humidity, well......The gumbo was okay, the roast been po-boy was better. Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

Date of visit: September 2015

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. We certainly hope it was the heat and traveling but just in case, I have shared your comments with our team at Café Maspero. We hope you give us another try next time you are in town, but don't come the first day. Get some rest, cool off and then come check us out. I think you will enjoy it better.

Reviewed August 8, 2016

had an early weeknight dinner here. The gumbo was really good and the vegetarian muffaletta was absolutely stuffed with olive salad. Our waiter was marginal at best considering how empty the place was, but the food was served quickly and was plentiful for the price.

jake,
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. While I am pleased you enjoyed the food, marginal service is not what we are striving for. I have shared your comments with our team and hopefully we can bring the service level up a few notches. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

I had a turkey sandwich And if was good service was slow. I had my daughter go refill my Drink

Great location from jackson square.

Kelley,
Thank you for the very generous 4 stars being that the service was slow. You definitely should not have to get your own refills, but if your daughter is looking for a job, we are always looking for great people. I am pleased you enjoyed the sandwich and apologize about the pace of service but thank you again for the comments and I have shared them with our team at Café Maspero.
Café Maspero and Creole Cuisine Restaurant Concepts

Been to Cafe Maspero? Share your experiences!