“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Cafe Maspero

Cafe Maspero
Ranked #336 of 2,142 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

We throughly enjoyed our meal and service here. 4 adults and 2 kids- we all ate well. Was recommended by a friend. We will be back. French onion soup
Was great!

Date of visit: July 2016
Thomas B, Area Director at Cafe Maspero, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2016

Jaime,
Thank you for the recent review on Triapdvisor. We appreciate the recommendation by your friend and by you as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sincerely
Café Maspero and Creole Cuisine Restaurant Concepts

Write a ReviewReviews (1,480)

Reviewed July 26, 2016

I'm here in the French Quarter for a conference. A group of us visited Cafe Maspero nun-afternoon for lunch. Various items were ordered. I ordered French Onion soup which was excellent. I also ordered a side of red beans and rice, which was terrible. It was sauced, but every dry rice with a couple small pieces of sausage in it, resembling no red beans and rice I have ever had in my life. My friend ordered only the bread pudding. It was also very dry and a looking poking told us that the bottom was burned. Basically inedible. We called the waitress over and told her we wanted to send it back because it was so poorly prepared. She took it, offered nothing in exchange (this was my friends only food item for lunch). That was poor service. The only right thing was that they did take the cost off the bill.

So, a couple of really poor food items were served and in one case no apology or exchange for a different item was offered. My French onion soup was fine, but certainly didn't make up for the other issues.

I will not be going back to Cafe Masparo.

Date of visit: July 2016
Thomas B, Area Director at Cafe Maspero, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

drdeputy,
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. That is definitely not the experience you or I should expect from Café Maspero. I have shared your comments with management and staff and assure you we will take steps to correct all of the concerns. We appreciate you taking the time to share your visit and we do hope you give us another opportunity in the future.
sincerely

Reviewed July 24, 2016

This was very close to our hotel so we decided to give it a try. The hostess was so welcoming and really made us feel at home. The place was crazy busy due to some church groups in the area so our waitress fell behind at times. She was very nice but was always rushing to catch up. We didn't mind, though, because the place had a nice feel to it. The roast beef po boy was slathered in gravy and good and hot. The steak fries that came with it felt like they had been sitting out a while, but they were still pretty decent. My 7 year old loved the fact that they had a kids menu with crayons, and she loved her chicken strips. The Blue Bayou adult beverage was really tasty and well made.

Ebudae
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and your server. I will try to make sure we are not overwhelming our great servers in the future and we appreciate you taking a few moments to share your experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

A group of us had dinner here. Very large servings of fries and the sandwiches are delicious. Had their famous muffalato sandwich. Friends said the fish was also good. No waiting on a Friday night, but they were very busy with many groups. Service was great &:our waitress,was very friendly and willing to take photos of our group. Would recommend this restaurant. Menu items are average prices for the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2016

The staff was SO friendly and helpful! We stopped the first time for an appetizer and adult beverages and then later in the week for a full meal. Both times the wait staff was attentive and helpful in recommending things on the menu. Hubby had the red beans and rice and I tried the Muffaletta...both were awesome!

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to Cafe Maspero? Share your experiences!